How to deal with my issue

I'd just played two trials, in which each killer had Pop. In the first game, every one of my downs was a result of the killer swinging, the sound cue finishing, and then me receiving the hit from about a meter or two away. I never dropped the pallet because I knew the latency would down me after I had thrown down the pallet.

In the second trial, I was attempting to finish a gen before The Spirit walked over (which I already hate doing, but Pop forces me to be aggressive and "genrush"), but the survivor who could have finished the gen with me was instead teabagging me and trying to heal me because she had We'll Make It. The generator wasn't finished. I then died. That trial also had #exhaustedontheground .

Was there anything I could have done to avoid these downs and lack of teammate cooperation?

Yes, I know SWF would fix this and yes, I know that playing Civ VI would solve all my problems, but I felt the need to rant and ask the community for their experiences and solutions.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Kind_Lemon

    Hard to say, Pop in-general requires either a aggressive play-style or a tactical one to get around it, usually stealth is involved with the tactical choice. Could you have gone about both options differently? Well, you could've taken a "stealthy approach" to it, using your environment to mask your where-abouts when the Killer arrives on the scene.

    For the chase in the 1st scenario it's hard to really say what you COULD'VE done, it was a latency and/or lag hit that got you, there isn't much you can do to avoid that... it unfortunately just happens sometimes. As for the 2nd scenario, you could've just abandoned the area entirely if your teammate wasn't going to take agro OR help you, so it would've been a better option to move away from that spot if it was such a danger.

    There isn't much else to say, you can either gen-rush in these scenarios or stealth away from the area, let them hit the gen and search, than move back to the Generator and regain the lost progress. If your teammates aren't going to help you than that's on them, that only hurts them in the end, ESPECIALLY against a Spirit in scenario 2.

    conclusion

    You can't really avoid the issue with teammate cooperation, either your team is willing to help or they're not, that isn't something you can control in the end. As for the downs themselves, try a different approach in similar scenarios and see where that'll go, it might work out better than the gen-rushing option.