PS4 dedicated servers

I never had issues with lag or being kicked out of a game before the PS4 dedicated servers were put into place. I started getting them fairly frequently after that. Now that there are significantly more people at home at all times this has gotten significantly worse.

The thing is I use Sling streaming service for my TV viewing and I still get a clear HD picture without any buffering.

I just played 2 hours of Borderlands 3 online with friends. No lag. Wasn't kicked out once.

Start playing DBD. Lag like I'm playing over a dial up connection with AOL. Kicked out of my first game. Have a DC penalty. Kicked out of 3 lobbies in a row after that because according to DBD there is no network connection.

Test the network connection. Working perfectly. Open PS4 youtube app and stream a video. No issues. No lag. No buffering.

Try DBD again get kicked out of 2 more lobbies for no network connection. Testing network connection shows it's still working.

Thanks BHVR for inflicting the absolute worst server I have run across on PS4 players.

Here's hoping Resident Evil Project Resistance is a good game and they care enough about their players to create a server that isn't a detriment to actually playing the game.

Comments

  • Which is exactly why I am so glad Xbox doesn't have the trash dedicated servers. Sure at times you have some killer on McDonald's Wifi, but nothing as bad as you describe.