Rancor not working with Plague! (PC)

PlageRancorNotWorkingBug3-30-20.png

Edit: So Rancor's mori is only activated when all gens are completed, they gens aren't considered completed when you close hatch and block them off?/power them up to open the gates.. I feel like I should have been able to mori kate.. idk if this really is bug.

So I finally made it to the Rancor Rampage Challenge and I have it selected.

I just realized I barely know how to use paint and I pasted over my original in match print screen shot...

The match went really fast but I was able to get momentum and downed everyone with corrupt with 1 gen left, I compared the names and made sure to sacrifice everyone except the obsession. I find and close the hatch, and go over to obsession. Kate, the obsession is broken from the as result from vile purge, I did not get Kill option standing over her. I picked her up, had her wiggle out and knocked her down again. Still no option. I took her to a fountain to cleanse. I knock her down and still no option to mori. EGC Timer was running out and I let her open door and leave for putting up with my bug testing.

The loadout was: I have dark devotion, infectious fright, distressing, and Rancor, all lvl3. addons were rubbing oil and incensed ointment. I did use the 103% gruesome gateau. Hope This Helps!

Might I also add that I think Plague needs some love. The reason for my attempt to also show the emblem screen was to highlight that I got a 24k score, killed 3 survivors and multiple hook interactions. I earned 60.5k bp overall despite all this I was still black pipped. IMO she needs some tweaking with the emblem system.

Tagged: Not a Bug

Comments

  • You kinda answered yourself in the edit. It's indeed intended that rancor only works when all the gens are completed and not when the killer closes the hatch:

    @CyberianFaux said:

    Description:

    Though the spirit of the perk "Rancor" has always been to allow the killer to mori the obsession if the gates are powered, this doesn't work under certain circumstances introduced with the End Game Collapse mechanic. This may be due to the perk not being updated to match the End Game Collapse's conditions and was overlooked leading to confusion when hatch is closed and the obsession is still alive.

    Steps to reproduce:

    1. Install current build of DBD or any patch following the patch where EGC was introduced into the game.
    2. Play through a killer match against a team with keys so they can open hatch or kill everyone except for the obsession, leaving the obsession to be the very final survivor alive either way
    3. Close the hatch
    4. Down the final survivor (must be obsession)
    5. Attempt to mori the obsession using rancor

    Platform: Steam on PC

    Map specific?: No, as the perk currently won't work any under certain conditions regardless of maps

    Killer: Non-specific to my knowledge but heavily tested with The Deathslinger

    Game Version used for testing: 3.6.2

    But if you have trouble with the challenge: As far as I know it's possible to equip a Mori and rancor and use the normal mori for the challenge.