Bad matchmaking is keeping good survivors at lower ranks

As a killer main I recently started getting back into survivor, and because of recent experiences have promised never to let myself de-rank again. The killers at ranks 10-20 are mostly bad at the game or bring a mori and tunnel every game. I've de-ranked 3 games in a row now because of these killers. If I had competent teammates, I would have been that killer's only kill, but you're never really sure you have good teammates until you're at red ranks. Maybe if it wasn't so hard for killer, less people would play like this, or better yet, maybe there would be more killers left in the game, which would get rid of the matchmaking issues.

Comments

  • I can only speak from my very limited experience as survivor when I've played for challenges, but it would appear that playing immersed or stealthy is way stronger at lower ranks. Play insanely passively, do generators only when completely safe, only unhook when completely safe, and let everyone else die to get the hatch. Once you get comfortably into the purple ranks you shouldn't have this problem nearly as often.