So I never understood this emblem
I had 10 hooks in the game. For 9 or more you get iridescent,then why did I get silver? Can someone enlighten me on how the emblem works
Tagged:
Trusted
I had 10 hooks in the game. For 9 or more you get iridescent,then why did I get silver? Can someone enlighten me on how the emblem works
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The description is misleading. You don't automatically get Iridescent by getting nine hooks, but you can't get Iridescent unless you get at least nine hooks, even if you 4K.
The Gamepedia wiki has a breakdown of each emblem, mined straight from the game's code. For Devout, you apparently get two points for each sacrifice, kill (mori, RBT, etc.) or disconnection, one point for having hooked all survivors at least once, and one point if you get at least nine hooks. You need all ten available points to get Iridescent.
From the looks of your score, that game was a 2K. You got 4 points for your 2 sacrifices, 1 for getting at least nine hooks, and 1 for hooking everyone once. That adds up to 6 points in total, which is only enough for a Silver emblem.
Here's the link to the appropriate page on the wiki if you want more information: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems#Devout
Ah i see. Thank you for giving me better info than the game does!
Lol, no worries. Pretty much all the Emblem descriptions are weird like that, and the way they display the points more often than not makes no sense. I tend not to pay any attention to them, personally, and just use the wiki page I linked above instead.
I don't think you receive points for survivors that DC. I remember that at some point you received those points, but for a long period of time i stopped getting those points. Might be a bug tho.
You could be right, I'm just going by what the wiki says. It's usually kept pretty up-to-date, but of course it's not infallible.
Idk, I still receive them most of the time. The wiki is kept up-to-date, the values written there should be the current values.