Sick of tunneling?
Well fear not. There's a resoning behind it.
So a few days ago I was watching an ardetha stream. And the subject of tunneling is brought up.
Now ill paraphrase but I think he said.
"the reason there's so much tunneling is because all the players that were complaining about it are playing killer and doing the exact thing they complain about without realising because survivor ques are so long" or something along those lines.
You want to stop the reletively lower rank tactics like camping being used in dbd? Give those player with a higher skill level a reason to play killer again, bring back the veterans. Make killer actually fun to play. Less stressful.
Also remember. This exact pattern of tunneling and camping was used to cope with the dark times of dbd, those dark times only ended because killer was made to be more fun.
Comments
Even high ranked killers, including me, tunnel.
Now do we do it all the time? No of course not, but if it's the favourable situation, such as chasing an injured unhooked survivor over a healthy one, we are going to go for it.
Now that ain't tunneling. That's capitalising on a mistake being made.
Tunneling is where you focus on one specific person to get them outta the game. E.G you see two survivors on a gen but only go after one of them even though the other one is a weaker chaser because you've mamabefd to hook the one your going to chase already.
That's tunneling. Not the functional shift it's gone though.
I keep on forgetting what actual tunneling is as I'm always getting post game messages from salty survivors about it.
I try and play fair as a killer; what I do is I chase one person, down them, hook them and walk far away. If I'm not even 5m away and they've already been unhooked then I go after the person that did the unhooking so the injured person can have a chance to heal. However if I walk relatively far away from the hook and the person's been unhooked I will just look for the nearest progressing generator and chase other survivors.
Umm.. No that's not the reason killers tunnel.
Saying that killers that tunnel are actually survivor mains that hate tunneling is a bit of a reach, not statistically proven, and just a baseless and illogical theory.
I'm pretty sure the reason killers camp and tunnel one survivor is to get at least ONE kill as fast and easy as possible.
It's that simple.
I go out of my way NOT to tunnel and camp. I use Thanatophobia and I go after whoever is uninjured and hasn't been hooked or whoever is most healthy I guess. This is more fun to do and comes naturally to me. I guess killers that tunnel and camp are too unskilled to get 4k so they go for the 1k every game.