I really like Windows of Opportunity
In Red ranks, I always run Iron Will, Inner Strength and an Exhaustion Perk (usually Lithe). The fourth perk slot has always been up in the air and I've tried lots of different options.
My weakest point as a Survivor has always been my chase, so the majority of my perk slots are designed to be "crutch perks" to help me last longer in looping. Recently, I unlocked Kate and started trying out her perks. By far, my favorite has been Windows of Opportunity.
I've only been playing this game for 3-4 months and my looping is pretty weak overall. But with Windows of Opportunity I can plan my pathing ahead of time while I'm working on generators, which has helped me improve my chase a lot. Since I'm always cutting chases close, knowing for sure where pallets and vaults are ahead of time helps me chain loops and make decisions on where to go next so I don't accidentally run myself into a dead zone. So it's the perfect perk to round out my crutch perk setup and makes me look like a much better Survivor than I actually am.
If you have thousands of hours in the game and know where pallets spawn on every map, then Windows of Opportunity is a wasted slot. But if you're like me and accidentally get yourself killed by running into dead zones because you don't know where the pallets are or which pallets have already been used, then Windows of Opportunity is definitely worth your time.
Comments