I noticed that the other day as well actually, for me it happened when another player got hit with Deep Wound. It looks like part of the visual effect that comes up on your screen when you get Deep Wounded, so I suspect it's a visual glitch. I would encourage you to file a report in the Bug Reporting section of the forums: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
That is indeed the Deep Wound visual effect like Fibijean mentioned. It happens with other visual effects sometimes too, but it seems that this one is happening more often than the others.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I noticed that the other day as well actually, for me it happened when another player got hit with Deep Wound. It looks like part of the visual effect that comes up on your screen when you get Deep Wounded, so I suspect it's a visual glitch. I would encourage you to file a report in the Bug Reporting section of the forums: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
That is indeed the Deep Wound visual effect like Fibijean mentioned. It happens with other visual effects sometimes too, but it seems that this one is happening more often than the others.