Ruin rework.

While this is a bandaid fix for gen rush Ruin can feel like it's not doing anything, so I have some ideas to really hurt survivor progress.

#1. When ruin is destroyed, every gen unfinished is reduced by 10-25% progression, meaning if you want to get it, you want to get it in the early game.

#2. Ruin forces a certain amount of skill checks. The main problem is that sometimes survivors get too lucky and barely get any skill checks, so ruin is useless. I feel like at least 5 skill checks per survivor would suffice. It would still be possible for you to get more than 5, but until ruin is destroyed, you are going to have 5 skill checks per gen.

3. As the totem is cleansed, generators can't be done. Waste just a bit more time.

I'm not saying that all should be done. Either 1 and 2 or 2 and 3. 2 is the biggest one. 

So who will be the one to say that ruin already does it's job perfectly?

Comments

  • I will, and I think it's actually a tad too powerful. Simple as that.

    Combined with something, like, say, thanaphobia, it gets stupid really fast. For example. Last game I played, rank 18 killer (realistically should be single digits. Yay, depiping on purpose!), prestige 3 nurse, the chapel. At the start of the game, they missed me. About 30 seconds later, I found a generator, and started working on it. During the REST OF THE MATCH, the other 3 distracted her, getting chased around and hooked, repeatedly and quickly. When the last person was put on the hook for the second time, I finally finished one generator. There was no way or time to even go and hunt down the totem. Did I mention it was a 4k game that lasted literally 3 minutes? I died about 20-30 seconds after finishing the generator.

    Afterwards, I got "gg well played. They never even usually finish one" (I burnt an bbq invite, and I was damned if I wasn't going to get one at least)

    bbq and chili, thanaphobia, hex ruin, with addons for extra blinks, etc. Yep

    And honestly, I sincerely doubt you can even do a full generator without 5 skill checks. I had about a dozen.

    Honestly, I think ruin is disgustingly overpowered, as someone who plays both sides. There's a reason I don't run it. It isn't fun to play against.

  • I actually think Ruin should force a certain amount of skill checks, yes.

    Of course, the biggest concern is fixing the totem spawn locations. My Ruin seldom lasts more than 30 seconds.

  • That doesnt fix the problem that they always spawn on my totem

  • Maybe change ruin to be time based rather then a hex? After the match starts you get a 3 minute count down after which ruin expires. People can still work through ruin and it'd give the killer a chance to have their perk do something. 
  • I started to playing the hag. Level 1 hag with just ruin as a perk on killer rank 18. The totem got cleansed multiple times in the first 30 seconds of a game. so my hag was "naked" for the rest of the round. with tons of luck in spawnpoint-choice of the game, i could stack devour hope up to 5 in two games (out of many many more) - but in all other games the totem sometimes just lives 10 seconds. it was donw before i reached it to plant some traps. That whole hex-system needs a rework not only the ruin-hex

    If your mates got crushed by the nurse, they were just bad. not the hex overpowerd, just your mates too bad. thats as easy at it sounds. if they would hide more, they had a great chance to find that totem.

  • Chrona said:

    I will, and I think it's actually a tad too powerful. Simple as that.

    Combined with something, like, say, thanaphobia, it gets stupid really fast. For example. Last game I played, rank 18 killer (realistically should be single digits. Yay, depiping on purpose!), prestige 3 nurse, the chapel. At the start of the game, they missed me. About 30 seconds later, I found a generator, and started working on it. During the REST OF THE MATCH, the other 3 distracted her, getting chased around and hooked, repeatedly and quickly. When the last person was put on the hook for the second time, I finally finished one generator. There was no way or time to even go and hunt down the totem. Did I mention it was a 4k game that lasted literally 3 minutes? I died about 20-30 seconds after finishing the generator.

    Afterwards, I got "gg well played. They never even usually finish one" (I burnt an bbq invite, and I was damned if I wasn't going to get one at least)

    bbq and chili, thanaphobia, hex ruin, with addons for extra blinks, etc. Yep

    And honestly, I sincerely doubt you can even do a full generator without 5 skill checks. I had about a dozen.

    Honestly, I think ruin is disgustingly overpowered, as someone who plays both sides. There's a reason I don't run it. It isn't fun to play against.

    Lol so your teamates were dumb and so that means ruin is OP...  
      
    Also why couldnt you look for the totem?