What is your favourite map as both killer and survivor?
Mine is Azarov's Resting Place. It is because of untypical, great strategical layout. This map has one long narrow corridor with one gen always spawning in it and 2 bases at both end of that corridor.
As a survivor I always try to get generator in the middle of the map, in the corridor. It is hard to do because killer almost for sure will visit this gen early in the gen, but completing it gives me an advantage of killer being forced to patrol both ends of the map without anything between them. After I complete this gen I tend to do up to two gens at one end of the map and one gen at the second end, so killer has very hard time to protect last gen. There is one downside of this map if you play solo - other survivors can easily lead to 3 gen-strat if they do all gens on one side of the map.
As a killer, I always protect one part of the map, so I force survivors to lead themselves to 3 gen-strat. Then, I have one side of the map all for myself, usually empty of pallets because of chasing survivors there. I love how I can just ignore 2/3 of the map and focus on protecting gens for 3 gen-strat.
And what is your map which you love both as killer and survivor? Write in the comments below!
Comments
I don't play killer so that's moot, but Yamaoka then maybe Badham but it was better before BL was ruined and then Pale Rose.
The MacMillan maps are good, and to my experience well balanced.
EXCEPT Shelter Woods, please delete that map.
It's the most useless map in this game, it just has A TREE.
Interesting. Azarov's one of my most hated maps actually.
I think the Swamp maps, Badham maps, Campbell's Chapel and the new map are all fantastic and pretty well balanced. Although Pale Rose could maybe use a few more pallets, that aren't safe of course, and have a few of it's safe pallets turned into mindgameable ones.
I also realy enjoy the interior maps, they are fun and have great atmosphere, even though Lerys and Hawkins, depending on the rng, can be a bit killer sided maybe. At least Hawkins is, Lerys does have a fair amount of good pallets and windows for survivorsd as well.
Macmillian maps are decent, same with scrapyard maps, and Im not the biggest hater of Coldwind anymore... that being said, the Swamp is unbearable to play on, same with Disturbed Ward. Whenever I get one of those, I think, ok, I'm going to lose, but how many can I take with me?
Yamaoka also makes me want to play scummy, especially if I see an offering for it, just because it is so goddam dark. My eyesight isn't the best, but that puts a strain on it that no other map does.
The Saloon can go screw itself, but the rest of that map is alright.
More of the big doors on Hawkins need to be open, because half the time I lose is because I keep getting lost.
The Game is fun. I would have fun on Lerys, but it tanks my frames so...
Dead Dawg Saloon all the way. It's a gorgeous map and is fun to play on as both killer and survivor for me.