Character "difficulty"

I don't understand the point of difficulties in this game, especially for survivors. With survivors, it's honestly the same across the board for everyone (but admittedly for Strode due to her OOO if you stick to characters ONLY using their 3 unique perks). But they have no special powers, perks are interchangeable, and all items are standard.

For Killers, it is doesn't seem to be classified correctly. I don't know if it's because of my skill using a particular killer or that it's out of date, but how is Freddy or Doctor still considered "hard" for example where playing Demo, Pig, or Clown is classified as intermediate but much harder (in my opinion) due to their differing powers and speed?

Devs either need to update it or just throw away those difficulties since it doesn't match most of the killers and it doesn't really matter.

Comments

  • I think it’s with the mindset of just booting up the game for the first time. Killers with insta down abilities are usually referred Easy. M1 killers are intermediate and any killers with difficult to understand abilities are Hard. If I just booted the game and picked Doctor then I’d prolly be confused and upset that hitting them with my power does nothing (from a noob perspective) but using a chainsaw is simple to understand.

  • @Deathslinger said:

    I think it’s with the mindset of just booting up the game for the first time. Killers with insta down abilities are usually referred Easy. M1 killers are intermediate and any killers with difficult to understand abilities are Hard. If I just booted the game and picked Doctor then I’d prolly be confused and upset that hitting them with my power does nothing (from a noob perspective) but using a chainsaw is simple to understand.

    Meyers, GhostFace, Onio have insta down abilities yet they're considered hard. Even though Oni is essentially a Billy but only requires injuries from Survivors. Freddy's ability is prob the easiest to work with and not all that complicated. But if you tried playing Legion, Demo, or Plague, you'll have the hardest of times.

  • The killer difficulties are pointless as everyone thinks/reacts/plays slightly differently.

  • @Desh said:

    I don't understand the point of difficulties in this game, especially for survivors. With survivors, it's honestly the same across the board for everyone (but admittedly for Strode due to her OOO if you stick to characters ONLY using their 3 unique perks). But they have no special powers, perks are interchangeable, and all items are standard.

    For Killers, it is doesn't seem to be classified correctly. I don't know if it's because of my skill using a particular killer or that it's out of date, but how is Freddy or Doctor still considered "hard" for example where playing Demo, Pig, or Clown is classified as intermediate but much harder (in my opinion) due to their differing powers and speed?

    Devs either need to update it or just throw away those difficulties since it doesn't match most of the killers and it doesn't really matter.

    That was a quick guide for new players, since if you install the game now you might feel overwhelmed by all those characters.

    If you have more than 20 hours of gameplay, just ignore it.