permanent blindness is still in the game? cool! I hate it!
Blinded at a pallet and then my screen stayed blanked out for the rest of the game AND the postgame lobby! Not even going to bother reporting it because this is an issue that's been around for months if not longer now cuz the only response any bug report gets is "video proof please :)" like, it's not enough that killer play is basically the role of an unpaid mechanical Turk, I'm not doing unpaid QA work in the hopes that this game that I legitimately like becomes playable in a way that doesn't frustrate me to the point of groaning and cursing every match.
I got so hooked on this game because it was a multiplayer game that wasn't completely metastasized by pro gamers, it isn't the same old FPS bullshit, and it resonated with my love of slasher flicks, not to mention something I could play competently with a gamepad because I have a bad shoulder that aches if I use a mouse. But I keep feeling my good will for this game drain as time goes on, and the more I have to reconsider my original impressions of this game that keep me coming back. I just want to be able to launch the game and know I'm going to have some amount of fun and not be slapped in the face by game breaking glitches and mean spirited survivor players.
Like, I'm not even going to be one of those people who accuses the developers of being lazy or malign or greedy whatever. Making games is difficult, balancing them even worse, and they've made a much bigger game than I ever have, and an online multiplayer one at that; fun, even! All which makes me just hate that in these moments I want to see this game fail like Deathgarden did just so I can see my own frustration with DbD reflected in the world. I feel like my faith and enjoyment in this game is just exploited more and more and rewarded less and less.
Killer is in a lot of ways like a DM, but at least if I was hosting a game of Vampire or DnD, the players who I'm throwing deadly challenges at would thank me at the end of the night, not flame me, or give me ######### throughout the game. I want to relive my first couple dozen hours with this game, back when everything felt chaotic, when the survivors I was against didn't know what was going on either. As it stands, every match goes so predictably now, with less and less margin for error playing killer, less and less chances to pull off something cool because as every time I start ranking up, survivors know more and more where to be and what to do so that they're perfectly safe. After a few bad games, I start to feel like a punching bag. Most 4k's only feel like they happen because of a survivor making a huge mistake, which isn't rewarding either. I don't want to have to play extremely sweaty just to see my effort rewarded in any sort of way, let alone how narrow of a choice of perks and playstyles there are that actually work pulling further and further away from that original enjoyable chaos and variance.
And I'm only writing this cuz if I don't vent about this my frustration is going to ruin whatever game I switch over to and I need to burn myself out over it. Frustrating games are one thing, but I hate more the sensation I get that my good will placed in the game and its developers is just my arm being twisted to keep the game populated. Judging by how frustrated survivors get, I don't think it's any better for survival mains either. Are any of us actually having fun?? I just wanna have fun, man. I don't wanna deal with getting bullied ingame and flamed postgame. I don't want to feel like a game has to be a joyless obligation.
I dunno, yall. :s
Comments