*XBOX PLAYERS* Is anyone else finding the lag unbearable?

I've never played DBD on any other platform so I am unsure as to how it will compare however, on Xbox I'm getting so genuinely frustrated with the lag especially as survivor. I feel as though every game I go in I am constantly getting dragged back and hit by the killer when I'm at least 5 meters away? I'll clear a window, knowing full well I've gotten through and then it will drag me back to the window and I'll get hit. It's getting to the point where I just close DBD completely out of annoyance because it completely ruins the game for me. Which is a shame because if that issue wasn't there I would enjoy the game with no complaints. Note: All other online games run extremely smoothly on my Xbox so I know it is not an issue from my end, also my friends complain of the same issue and I have seen it on their consoles also when their multiplayer connection is absolutely fine. I'm not sure whether its a server issue on the DBD end or something to do with the way the actual game runs and not to do with connection? Either way, it's really annoying and getting to the stage where I don't even want to play anymore.

Comments

  • I run into a lot of killers with crappy connection. If I see a lobby with over 200 ping I just dodge the lobby until I find something decent

  • It's because Xbox let's you switch your region and then you can play in other people's regions.

    Same thing happened with Gears. All the Mexican/Latin America players switched to US EC or WC region and the pings were awful, even with dedicated servers.

    Check their profile next time. I bet they are from another country.

  • Do you pay attention to the ping once you enter a lobby? Personally I try not to play anything higher than 135/140. A fluctuating yellow to red or a solid red is a no-no for me, and I will leave.

    Curious- what are your upload and download speeds like? Are you on Wi-fi?

    And no, I do not have this problem. I get mostly green 82 ping.