Beast of Prey

Hello How are everybody? So I was checking some perks that I never use and noticed that Beast of Prey got changed.

Before:

Your lust for a kill is so intense that your connection with The Entity 

 is momentarily lost, making you totally unpredictable.

The Red Stain disappears after gaining Bloodlust Tier I and stays hidden until you lose Bloodlust .

Gain 30/40/50 % more Bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter Category.

Now:

Your lust for a kill is so intense that your connection with The Entity 

 is momentarily lost, making you totally unpredictable.

You gain the undetectable status effect after gaining Bloodlust Tier I and you remain undetectable until you lose Bloodlust .

Gain 30/40/50 % more Bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter Category.


I think Beast of Prey it's pretty underrated (not saying it's a meta perk, but I am sure it's better than most of people give the perk credit for) and now it's a better perk with the undetectable status effect update. I just used it with Freddy and it's very useful on loops, it's amazing how much survivors rely on the red stain and now that your terror radius is removed while in bloodlust... it makes the perk better, as if we are in chase and the survivor accidentaly leads us to a certain group of survivors fixing a generator they won't know we are chasing someone.

What do you think of this perk?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It’s got pros and cons.

    The obvious con is the time wasted before BL1 kicks in, but after that it’s a guaranteed hit at on someone camping a pallet.

    True. Even if it's not camping a pallet it's useful in certain loops. And it's useful with dead hard users since most of them rely on the red stain and not the distance between the killer and them.

  • Because of its pre-condition I couldn't in good conscience recommend the perk to anyone.

    If as a killer you are routinely hitting bloodlust in chases, you are doing something wrong, particularly with current generator speeds. You have to learn to end chases quicker than that, either through better avenues of approach, better mind games, understanding tiles better, etc.

    Beast of Prey was always a perk for people bad at chasing, but being bad at chasing is something a player can fix on their own, getting a perk for that is a waste of slot in my opinion. You only get 4 perk slots, you need them for things you can't compensate for strictly through play, right now I'd be surprised to see a killer not running at least two perks dedicated to generator issues (pop goes the weasel, ruin, thrilling tremors, surveillance, etc.) with one detection perk (BBQ and Chili, Nurse's Calling, etc.) and then one "flair" perk (something specific to your killer that helps, Monitor and Abuse on Myers for example).

    Again, all my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

  • the only time i run Beast is during a Bloodhunt and i don't give a F if i lose