Why can't Plague activate pools at will when all are corrupted?
Specifically, when all pools on the map are corrupted. Once that happens, she automatically gains Corrupt, and all pools are cleansed. My question is why? It feels like half the time I actually get to that point, I'm in the middle of nowhere, and when I do find somebody, half the timer is gone.
There are times where I DON"T want Corrupt, at least not at that moment. As said, if I'm in the middle of nowhere. When I'm trying to infect things, or players. When I'm in a chase with a healthy survivor that I could win if I could just get them broken.
I think, in my case, it boils down to control. Part of how I play is taken when I'm forced into a state I may not need at the moment. Sure, it's not exactly a common occurrence, but when it does happen, it irks me. So, why not give that control by allowing the player to simply trigger the mass pool cleansing at will? If all eight are full, hit whatever the secondary power button is to drain them from anywhere and get the Corrupt. Not one by one, but all of them, as happens now. Could even put a timer on it. Once all eight are corrupted, you get half a minute or so to drain them, or you'll automatically get Corrupt, again, like now.
Comments
When she first came out, gen rushing wasn't as easy and the lower skilled players (dev level) are slower at finishing matches to begin with, so in those games, it was possible to have everybody broken and no fountains to be able to get at full health with. So they changed it to where there's always a fountain to cleanse at by immediately clearing all of them and forcing the corruption on the plague instead of simply cleansing only a single fountain. Of course, this didn't affect high skilled gameplay where a lot of players refuse to cleanse at all to begin with and are now at even less of a threat from being single hit cause they can finish games even faster.
The reason is simple. You don't have the right to force all the survivors to remain broken for the rest of the game. If you don't want that situation forced on you where you are automatically given corrupt status and all the pools cleansed then you need to be more proactive about using the pools up. It's just part of mastering the killer.
That's why I added the timer to it. You'll have a limited time after all pools are infected to activate. Times can vary, but you'll still have to drain all of them. I just don't like how it's directly forced upon you the second somebody finishes infecting the last pool. Give it 30 seconds to occur, while allowing Plague to activate it at will during that time. I'd rather activate it when I'm about to start a chase, not when I'm stuck in a cornfield with nobody around.
You're correct in that idea. Survivors have the power to remove a killer's ability at will if they wanted to (some killers of course).
Plague? Don't cleanse and she is an M1 killer with better tracking.
Myers? Resist being stalked.
Oni-chan? Heal at all times.
It may seem like pointless complaining, but survivors having the power to cancel out a killer's power at any time is definitely to make their role less frustrating.. whereas killers have less of a power to counter survivor abilities.