A message to the tome devs

No thanks to the annoying use a certain garbage perk missions. Thanks. The missions isnt worth it by any means and the ideas are terrible. Make the perks worth using or its pointless.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • If you hate the challenges that much, you don't have to do them. But there are plenty of people who love those challenges precisely because they encourage you to try out underused perks.

    If you try looking at it as "how can I design a build around this perk to maximise its effectiveness" instead of "I can't believe I have to abandon my full-meta loadout for one game", you might find you have a more enjoyable time with it.

  • @Fibijean said:

    If you hate the challenges that much, you don't have to do them. But there are plenty of people who love those challenges precisely because they encourage you to try out underused perks.

    If you try looking at it as "how can I design a build around this perk to maximise its effectiveness" instead of "I can't believe I have to abandon my full-meta loadout for one game", you might find you have a more enjoyable time with it.

    The point is not playing meta makes the game un-enjoyable because you are forced to do terrible missions. I want the cosmetics but there needs to be a grind option. These perks dont make the game more fun but addle you in higher ranks where I reside. Lack of options is always bad.

  • @SlimyTaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1157640#Comment_1157640

    The point is not playing meta makes the game un-enjoyable because you are forced to do terrible missions. I want the cosmetics but there needs to be a grind option. These perks dont make the game more fun but addle you in higher ranks where I reside. Lack of options is always bad.

    It doesn't make the game unplayable. With all due respect, if you find it impossible to win without using meta perks, then you're not as good at the game as you think you are. Maybe these challenges will be a chance for you to improve your skills by learning to rely less on particular perks to secure the win.

  • The one that bugs me is the ones that need perks (or even characters) that aren't available without shard/real money unlocking first. I've been playing a while and I still have a few survivors still locked, equaling challenges (Romeo's Escape, Dr. Jane, Jane's Stunning Escape, Jane's Victory) that I can't participate in whatsoever.

    Edit: Skillful Solidarity too.

  • @Cheeki_Beaky_Bird said:

    The one that bugs me is the ones that need perks (or even characters) that aren't available without shard/real money unlocking first. I've been playing a while and I still have a few survivors still locked, equaling challenges (Romeo's Escape, Dr. Jane, Jane's Stunning Escape, Jane's Victory) that I can't participate in whatsoever.

    That's a legitimate concern, I agree with you there. In my opinion, those characters, equipped with their three unique perks, should be temporarily free to play for the duration of the Rift.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1157652#Comment_1157652

    It doesn't make the game unplayable. With all due respect, if you find it impossible to win without using meta perks, then you're not as good at the game as you think you are. Maybe these challenges will be a chance for you to improve your skills by learning to rely less on particular perks to secure the win.

    So you're telling me using poised and/or no mither is beneficial? You must be kidding. Being a good survivor doesnt save you from dedicated hits. perks that increase speed do.

  • Also, the lore gained isnt very interesting either so its a double whammy.

  • I disagree with everything.

    If you want to play meta, you shouldn't care about challenges. If meta was to be considered for challenges sake they would all be something like:

    • tbag the killer 17 times at the exit gate
    • gen rush to oblivion a Clown
    • slug every survivor using Infectious Fright (survivors need to insult your mother in post game chat for the challenge to be completed)
  • @SlimyTaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1157675#Comment_1157675

    So you're telling me using poised and/or no mither is beneficial? You must be kidding. Being a good survivor doesnt save you from dedicated hits. perks that increase speed do.

    I'm telling you that trying out perks like Poised and No Mither is beneficial to your skills as a player and potentially to your character as a person. No perk will reliably compensate for bad latency, but relying on a particular build to the extent that you cannot win without it will cripple your development as a player.

    If you want to be good at the game, learn to play with different builds. If you don't care about improving, you can refuse to try out different perks if that's what you want, but in that case don't complain about the inclusion of optional challenges that help others to improve.

  • @SlimyTaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1157640#Comment_1157640

    The point is not playing meta makes the game un-enjoyable because you are forced to do terrible missions. I want the cosmetics but there needs to be a grind option. These perks dont make the game more fun but addle you in higher ranks where I reside. Lack of options is always bad.

    There is a grind option. It's a bit intense though as you would have to play over 700 games without doing challenges to get tier 70. However, you don't have to do all the challenges in order to get to tier 70. A number of people got there before tome 4 even came out. Just ignore the ones that are that much of a pain to you. Every single tome has a very simple path from beginning to end. Then you can branch out to what you want.