Toolboxes from chests stop working

Maybe I'm missing something straightforward about chest items but since the new patch came out on xbox I've noticed that when I find a toolbox in chest it stops working after using it and then interrupting use.

Example:

  1. Find toolbox in chest (this has happened with worn out tools, green toolbox and purple engineers toolbox)
  2. Start using it on a gen with RT
  3. For some reason (killer approaches or I need to go save someone) I stop working on the gen
  4. I come back to the gen, and the item wasn't depleted when I left the gen but can no longer use the toolbox
  5. The toolbox icon remains next to my status but it looks kind of greyed out and has no meter next to it
  6. I tried putting the toolbox down and picking it back up but it still doesn't have a uses left meter next to its icon and is greyed out
  7. This has happened on Coldwinf farm, Red forest, and a few other maps I can't remember which exactly
Tagged: Not a Bug

Comments

  • this has been happening to me too, since the last update. Except it’s not just chest toolboxes, it’s bloodweb toolboxes as well. Super annoying as I barely get to use them. And it doesn’t disappear from your hand either, so it’s definitely not depleted. It’s just the gauge and m2 option are gone