Best builds for killers?

Question is in the title. What is your best/preferred build as a killer. Keep in mind, every build is different since every killer's power is different. This can include add-ons as well.

Comments

  • I'll share the two builds I used to get to rank 1 this reset primarily. Don't know how effective they will be for anyone else.

    Legion Sneaky Pressure Build:

    BBQ and Chili / Monitor and Abuse / Hex: Ruin / Surveillance.

    The idea of this build is to get injuries often with frenzy and get downs using a smaller terror radius and then sneak up on survivors while they work on generators or I hear them while patrolling. Hex: Ruin gives me generator regression every time I push survivors off generators and surveillance keeps track of all regressing generators so I know where to patrol. Only major disadvantage is a reliance on hex perk and we all know the inherent dangers in that. If you feel you get enough information from Ruin/Surveillance that you don't need BBQ and Chili I would substitute with Nurse's Calling.

    Best Addons: Iridescent Button, Cold Dirt, Stolen Sketchbook, maybe filthy blade. If running button, always try to get survivors to drop pallets during frenzy, once you realize they won't, then cancel and resume chase, but look for opportunities for skittish survivors to panic drop and maximize that destruction. If not using button, cold dirt is the best cooldown addon and stolen sketchbook provides maximum duration. You could also consider filthy blade just for additional mending time and slowdown.

    Hillbilly Snowball Build:

    BBQ and Chili / Infectious Fright / Thrilling Tremors / Pop goes the Weasel.

    Billy unlike Legion can go straight from healthy to insta-down thanks to chainsaw, so this build is designed to maximize that pressure. Infectious Fright lets him know if he can slug if he needs to and no one is around or if there's a chance for a double down. Thrilling Tremors shows what gens are being worked on and block unworked gens for a time and pop goes the weasel provides huge regression on the targeted generator tremors showed you. BBQ and Chili has always been great on billy due to his map mobility but if you want to switch it out for another perk as tremors gives you a lot of location information already you can.

    Best Addons: Up to you, Billy's chainsaw is pretty versatile, pick what you're comfortable with.

  • Here's a couple of mine. (Keep in mind this is what I found to be the best build for me, there's other combinations that work but here's what got me to get 4k multiple times in a row.)

    Freddy:

    When it comes to Freddy, he seems to be the most hated killer in the case followed by The Cannibal and probably Huntress. But most people can agree that he is the most well-balanced killer in the game as well (which is mostly why people hate it because he's difficult to defend against). Due to his power, he can warp to any non-active gen on the map. Pair that with Ruin and Surveillance, your eyes and reach is unlimited and causes immense pressure on the survivors. Add Mindbreaker to the mix, they won't be able to leave the area fast enough by the time you warp to them. Every time they go back to the gen, it's still sitting below 50% progression so they will always be exhausted for as long as they keep working on it. Keep in mind of course, you are relying on Ruin to play a vital role. You can still damage gens yourself but it's not as effective.

    BBQ & Chili; MindBreaker; Surveillance; Hex: Ruin

    OR

    This build aids me when I go against a group that I know will gen rush me quick. Best for Last is a pretty decent perk, deadly when paired with fire up. I usually throw DH in there when I want to reward myself for letting them be, but since Freddy can warp, Make your choice is also a good perk to sub in there. If you're still worried about gens, Huntress Lullaby can keep them in line.

    BBQ & Chili; Save the Best for Last; Devour Hope; Fire Up

    With the perks I listed, you can easily sub BBQ for something else. I only use it for the BP since I'm currently max leveling everyone to share their perks. You can also switch out DH for Huntress Lullaby/Make your Choice or switch out Fire Up for Thanatophobia. For add-ons, I always use the basic stuff. I much prefer dream pallets over snares so I use 'Garden Rake' and and 'Sheep Block'. If I do use Snare, I use 'Kid's Drawing' and still 'Sheep Block'.


    Oni:

    With Oni, I want to put the fear of God in survivors and let them know I'm coming. I want to ensure they can never heal so I can always rage and close down loops fast. Don't need BBQ when I can just do a quick tour of Gens and see who's where.

    Distressing; Coulrophobia; Sloppy Butcher; Thanatophobia

    I don't typically use add-ons for the Oni since I find him easy to play. However if I do, again it's often basic. I'll use 'Chipped Saihai' and 'Blackened Toenail'.