Spine Chill Vs. Premonition

Explain to me why Spine Chill is the preferred choice. To me, I prefer Premonition because it’s auditory. Spine Chill only lights up in the lower right corner when the killer is coming which makes it hard to focus on while doing gens. Just wondering.

Comments

  • Simple. Spine Chill doesnt only light up in the lower right, it also lights up in your progress bar of whatever you are doing. It will turn yellow from the increased action speed and the "increased skillcheck odds" icon will appear next to the "progress speed" arrows. You dont even have to look at the perk lighting up. Not like you need to look away anyway, because you can notice the perk lighting up at the corner of your field of view.

    Not only that, but Spine Chill gives you more information than Premonition. It tells you "the Killer is nearby" and "coming/not coming your way". Premonition only tells you "the Killer is nearby". You could argue it tells you the direction the Killer is coming from, but that is mostly compensated by map awareness. Premonition is more likely to give off false warnings because of the cooldown, while Spine Chill gives you constant information of where the Killer is facing.

  • Spine Chill increases action speeds, including vault speeds. As for the light, I'm trained to notice it instantly at this point.

  • They both have pros and cons. Constant information is good but even with the cooldown I like to know which direction he is coming from. I’ll look out for the change in color in the future when I use spine chill. It’s hard to see the perk light up in the corner because I sit so close to the screen when I play and it’s a 42”.