Hatch, Key, God Window, Salt, and Toxicity. The dead by daylight experience in one game

This isn't a post to complain about the state of the game, it's more so just me sharing a funny/sad ending to a game I finished recently. Playing Wraith using Nemisis/ STBFL/ Nurses/ BBQ. We get iron works of misery, so the survs have a god window. Also notice halfway into the game that my obsession, who i have been farming for STBFL has a key. They brought it and i wasn't paying attention pregame.

The following scenario plays out:

1 dead, 3 injured. I down one of them and hook them. 4th gen pops as i have no slowdown perks. The hatch spawns just a couple feet from the hook. The hooked person and hatch are positioned in front of the large opening to the building aligned perfectly with the wall that has the god window. David is spinning in circles just out of reach on the right side of the god window. Meg is doing the same inside the building. Regardless of who i chase the person on the hook will be saved and the meg will have enough time to get to the hatch and open it.

My options are to start a chase with someone next to a god window, allowing everyone to escape. Or proxy camp the hook until one of the survivors goes away from the god window. The survivors know this. I know this. Yet the survivors have no real options either besides letting someone die. I know where both of them are. If either of them leave the god window I'll be able to down them before they get back to the hatch, meg cant do that cause she has the key. David is on death hook. The most optimal play would be for the David to sacrifice himself so that the other two can escape. If he had left the god window I would have chased him, i don't want to camp and i don't mind only killing two. Nope

Meg saves sprint burst to try to fly by me unhook and then open the hatch. She fails. The person on the hook dies. I hook meg for the second time. David somehow doesn't realize that i have bbq and is out of position. 4k. Of course I am evil for doing this in their eyes. No skill killer, face camper, p.o.s, the usual salt.

Comments

  • 🥇 I couldn't find a trophy, so here is your Gold Medal for your service.

    But no for real. Hatch mechanic is broken af.