Future update suggestions.
I have more hours than i should in this game. But recently I don't play as much as I used to because sadly it's become a bit stale. So here are some suggestions I think would benefit the game.
1: Adding or rework of maps should be more of a priority than adding new killers and survivors
At the moment there's a large character selection to choose from and can be overwhelming for new players. A new killer might regain my interest for a few weeks but then interests will lose again since some maps aren't balanced or because people will decide that the killer is just not as strong as top tier killers. Reworks or adding new maps will take more time to make but I think it's better for the lifespan of the game.
2: the new map (cowboy one) and all future maps should stay with the same tone as previous ones. Aka night time.
I know Midwestern movies are usually Broad daylight but to me the map just feels out of place and character compared to other maps because of the lighting. Same went with preschool when it was released. It's a bit better now. Having daylight in maps just throw off the vibes or any tension that you are supposed to feel. Besides a Midwestern town at full midnight would be a esthetically pleasing imo.
3 rank rewards
This has been said many times but it's been 3 years and I still have hopes for it lol. I don't care if the rewards are just more blood points. Just give us a reason or sense of accomplishment for those who have been rank 1 multiple times. If I were to create a system it'd be.
Lower rank :Bloodpoints
Mid : Bloodpoints and shards
Red ranks :Personal 1 time only rank reward cosmetic. It doesnt matter if it's just an ornament, a killers weapon, a flashlight shape, a title, an emblem, a tag. Just something.
I'd also say cosmetic rewards for the other tiers like in other games but since the rank reset is in a month and you don't get reset to 0. Then I don't think it'd be feasible and might cause some stress on the devs.
Unless you make rank resets less often which I wouldn't mind tbh. I'd rather have rank reset every 2 _3 months and get some reward than it be every month and act like you didn't accomplish anything previously.
4. randomize character and perk.
Add a slot in the character selection load out which would randomize your character and perks once the game has loaded. The image can be of the entity. The point of randomizing after the match had started and loaded is so that you don't keep trying to randomize it if you didn't like what it came up with.
The following sub categories are an addition but can be ignored
4a. Have this option make you gain double rewards or double pip.
Or add an option seperate to the one above called double or nothing. If you do not finish the trial alive you will not gain any blood points/pip, however if you do you will gain double blood points/pip.
To avoid gambling addictions or rank disparities you could limit this down to 3 times a day or a certain amount a week etc
4b a killer offering that would randomize survivors perks and characters.
This would make it so that games feel less repetitive especially in higher ranks since everyone uses meta perks. Also I think it would make it funner for both survivor and killer as they would have to adapt to the different selection and it is less cruel than an ebony morí imo. And could balance swf.
The offerings could be as rare as the morís in the blood web and would go from 1 person getting their load out changed yellow 2 green 3 or 4 red. I kinda like 3 as it would still give hope for the survivors but since it'd be as rare as an ebony mori I don't think the 4 would be a bad idea.
4c survivor offering extremely rare that grants the possibility of changing the killers character.
I don't think randomizing the perks would be fair beneficial or as fun for either party. As some killers aren't good with some killers and having them not have perks to help them out would be frustrating for the killer and boring for the survivor because they stand no chance.
However, if it were just the killer and it would use the perks you had set previously then the killer could still have a chance in playing well.
This offering would make it less stale for survivors as sometimes you get queed with the same killer character over and over again.
5 favorite perks and perk load outs.
Just a quicker way to find things
6 ability to choose the archives /next task while in queu or in a lobby.
7- killer chests offering or perk
I remember getting killed by a chest in darksouls and it's been ingrained in my memory since.
So if it were an offering I think with it just knocking you down to a dying state is good enough. Altho I think it would be hilarious if it actually killed you.
If it were a perk and since there's not that many chests either it just damages you, aura revealed, exposed status or a combination of all the above.
8 killer perk- closest survivor is revealed to you at the start of trial (maybe make him get exposed status since it's just a one time thing)
I think this would be beneficial for new players as they don't know where survivors spawns and usually it's the first survivor that takes the longest to take down.
Once the first player is down its easier for the killer to get a grasp of momentum and usually its easier for them to find the other survivors and knock them down.
This would be good for survivors as well because no one likes matches where 0 chases happen.
It's not broken or OP because most people know where to find survivors and just because you know where they are at doesn't mean you can down them as easily because of loops.
9 a spider killer.
I know I just wrote a paragraph about not focusing on new killers. I strongly believe and think they shouldnt add more. But if they do a spider killer would be horrifying. Have it block pallets or windows with webs. Or have it so that the survivor gets stuck when using them. So like a trapper I guess lol. Or add the spider lady from evil within and have her do a completely diff thing.
Finally, I know these suggestions aren't original and probably have been suggested a million times. But it's been 3 years and I'd rather keep having faith and suggesting than not doing anything about it.
Anyways hope the devs Continue to make good content and thank them for giving us a game I have enjoyed for a long time
Comments