The Real Issue With This Game.

I believe the issue with this game is survivor challenges and the amount of bloodpoints awarded for unhooks.

I have been playing the game for a few months now. I usually find myself between survivor ranks 6-8. I die 4 out of 5 games that I play. I could probably survive a little more often if I was the type of survivor who allowed teammates to die just so the hatch will spawn. I just can't play that way. It doesn't feel good. I also spectate to see if the other survivors make it and most of the time, they don't. If they do it's through the hatch.

I play solo 100% of the time. This means I'm at the mercy of match making. Most of the time I get at least one teammate who's focus is to do a challenge. I can usually tell if I'm in a game without one of those players based on how fast we get the first two generators. In my experience, I'm in a good game when a generator goes off before the killer hooks the first survivor. The second generator usually goes off by the time the killer starts chasing or hooks a second survivor. After that there is usually no telling how the game will play out but I can tell that the other survivors are trying to get generators so the entire team can escape.

When I'm in a bad game It feels like I'm the only one getting generators. I will be working on a generator and see another survivor go right by me to get a totem , cleanse the totem, and then run off to do something else. Out of curiosity I have followed survivors to see what they are doing when they run past me while I'm working on a generator and the list includes just about anything except getting generators. I followed a person who followed the killer just to rack up on unhooks. I don't even have to follow people for that one. I usually use the perk KIndred and I see it all the time. People hiding right by the hook as soon as the kill hooks someone. Hook vultures I like to call them. It seems like the game rewards you more bloodpoints for unhooking than it does for completing generators. I believe this encouarges people who are out for bloodpoints to focus on unhooks. This being the key issue in my opinion.

The game is balanced for four survivors working together. If just one survivor is focused on bloodpoints or challenges, the chances are you are not getting the exit gates open. I would like to see the amount of blood points awarded for getting generators and for escaping through exit gates get increased by a lot. I believe that alone would make the survivor experience feel so much better.

I have read that once I make it to the red ranks that the matchmaking will improve. Hopefully as I continue to play I can improve and make it to those ranks. 6-8 ranks are still very much a coin toss when it comes to teammates.

I read a lot about killers complaining that the game isn't balanced. As a killer if you are killing 2 out of 4 survivors a game I think you should consider that a draw, not a loss. I don't think you should be expecting to kill all the survivors.


Thanks for reading.

Comments

  • Yeah the challenges have ruined the game for me. That and the DC penalty bringing out every toxic killer strat in the books. I've played today for two hours. Haven't been able to get out once or finish a single challenge. Solo player as well, with several teammates just not playing the entire game so they can get hatch. I had a Claudette throw the pallet to block me after watching her do nothing with Bond and going into struggle on my first hook. It took me more than 15 hours to get the open two hatch challenge done, and the one game where I decided to just play selfishly to finally get it done, I had two people send me messages screaming at me for being a bad teammate. The challenges have just ruined the game, and with the devs nerfing insta heals, and now toolboxes, while medkits have been bugged for god knows how long, without touching ebony moris, I'm very done. More than 1,000 hours with this game and I hate it now.