Take it as a lesson - there's no such thing as "fair" and survivors don't give a ######### about playing "fair" against you. Anything that is within the rules of the game (the actual dev made rules, not the BS killer rulebook written by survivors) is fair.
Killers shouldn't be telling survivors what to do and survivors should do the same. We all just need to stop complaining about the ways others play the game
I think personally a big problem with the toxicity is the post game screen where you get entity displeased/brutal killer etc etc. I have had games where I'm like wow that was genuinely fun, I had a blast and so did the survivors, oh whats this? ENTITY DISPLEASED. Oh okay guess the game disagrees with me having a fun and enjoyable time and making a fun match for the survivors too. Now this is my personal take but I'm guessing a lot of killers feel the same. No one likes seeing entity displeased after a hard fought game.
Neither do killers. This game community is pure crap when it comes to having any level of sportsmanship or empathy. Ive seen it from both sides too.
Look at Twitch as an example. Killer mains on twitch, the greater majority of them, go out of their way not to tunnel, camp, run noed, or any other tactic survivors deem "unfair". I'm talking Tru3, Otz, Edgar, Umbra (to an extent, she has a habit of going right back to the hook sometimes), DeviB, OhTofu, Polysypher, etc. They all mostly go out of their way to play by the survivor rulebook. They often play survivor the same way, and tend not to abuse overpowered things, and go out of their way to be fair.
Then you have the survivor main streamers. ANGRYPUG, kittychipz, geistra, Ayrun (who I actually think cheats with a much larger red stain on killers via config files) etc. They all play survivor without caring about killer fun. They teabag, abuse the same god windows, and generally just bully killers, and then they usually get pretty salty and defensive if they get outplayed. HOWEVER, this isn't to bash them, because to their credit, they play killer the same way. When they play killer, they don't give a #########, and do what it takes to win. Also - for anyone who wants to mention JenDenise - she actually goes out of her way not to abuse god loops etc. She'll even refuse to drop shack pallet.
What I'm saying is, killers are worried about playing fair, when a majority of the time, survivors are not; and there is nothing wrong with that. So stop worrying about what the other side thinks. If you want to win, play to win.
Look at Twitch as an example. Killer mains on twitch, the greater majority of them, go out of their way not to tunnel, camp, run noed, or any other tactic survivors deem "unfair". I'm talking Tru3, Otz, Edgar, Umbra (to an extent, she has a habit of going right back to the hook sometimes), DeviB, OhTofu, Polysypher, etc. They all mostly go out of their way to play by the survivor rulebook. They often play survivor the same way, and tend not to abuse overpowered things, and go out of their way to be fair.
Then you have the survivor main streamers. ANGRYPUG, kittychipz, geistra, Ayrun (who I actually think cheats with a much larger red stain on killers via config files) etc. They all play survivor without caring about killer fun. They teabag, abuse the same god windows, and generally just bully killers, and then they usually get pretty salty and defensive if they get outplayed. HOWEVER, this isn't to bash them, because to their credit, they play killer the same way. When they play killer, they don't give a #########, and do what it takes to win. Also - for anyone who wants to mention JenDenise - she actually goes out of her way not to abuse god loops etc. She'll even refuse to drop shack pallet.
What I'm saying is, killers are worried about playing fair, when a majority of the time, survivors are not; and there is nothing wrong with that. So stop worrying about what the other side thinks. If you want to win, play to win.
Yeah I kinda laugh when I get called out for playing Spirit by a guy who's running Dead Hard, Unbreakable, Borrowed Time, and Decisive Strike. It happens way too much.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Take it as a lesson - there's no such thing as "fair" and survivors don't give a ######### about playing "fair" against you. Anything that is within the rules of the game (the actual dev made rules, not the BS killer rulebook written by survivors) is fair.
Killers shouldn't be telling survivors what to do and survivors should do the same. We all just need to stop complaining about the ways others play the game
Neither do killers. This game community is pure crap when it comes to having any level of sportsmanship or empathy. Ive seen it from both sides too.
I think personally a big problem with the toxicity is the post game screen where you get entity displeased/brutal killer etc etc. I have had games where I'm like wow that was genuinely fun, I had a blast and so did the survivors, oh whats this? ENTITY DISPLEASED. Oh okay guess the game disagrees with me having a fun and enjoyable time and making a fun match for the survivors too. Now this is my personal take but I'm guessing a lot of killers feel the same. No one likes seeing entity displeased after a hard fought game.
Look at Twitch as an example. Killer mains on twitch, the greater majority of them, go out of their way not to tunnel, camp, run noed, or any other tactic survivors deem "unfair". I'm talking Tru3, Otz, Edgar, Umbra (to an extent, she has a habit of going right back to the hook sometimes), DeviB, OhTofu, Polysypher, etc. They all mostly go out of their way to play by the survivor rulebook. They often play survivor the same way, and tend not to abuse overpowered things, and go out of their way to be fair.
Then you have the survivor main streamers. ANGRYPUG, kittychipz, geistra, Ayrun (who I actually think cheats with a much larger red stain on killers via config files) etc. They all play survivor without caring about killer fun. They teabag, abuse the same god windows, and generally just bully killers, and then they usually get pretty salty and defensive if they get outplayed. HOWEVER, this isn't to bash them, because to their credit, they play killer the same way. When they play killer, they don't give a #########, and do what it takes to win. Also - for anyone who wants to mention JenDenise - she actually goes out of her way not to abuse god loops etc. She'll even refuse to drop shack pallet.
What I'm saying is, killers are worried about playing fair, when a majority of the time, survivors are not; and there is nothing wrong with that. So stop worrying about what the other side thinks. If you want to win, play to win.
Yeah I kinda laugh when I get called out for playing Spirit by a guy who's running Dead Hard, Unbreakable, Borrowed Time, and Decisive Strike. It happens way too much.