Survivor perks; switching or keeping the same?

I've noticed that when other people (that I play with or on twitch) play survivor, they tend to play the same character and with the same perk. When I play survivor, I jump between survivors and each has their own set of perks.

I'm wondering if I'm really the odd person here (probably) and if there are others that play like me, switching characters/perks often?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Player35

    I mean, a lot of players do that to keep their builds fresh, it gives variety and keeps things from getting stale.

    Most players like to run with a plan though, so they usually center builds around their play-style and use that build as their primary build for most if not all games, so it's not uncommon for someone to use the same build or use different builds every game.

    It's not really odd no, if you can use different builds and get the same or better results than someone who uses the same build than go for it, it gives you variety and you can even make a game out of it.

  • Even among those that don't feel the need to run a full meta build all the time, most people have certain perks they prefer over others. They might have a particular go-to build, or they might have two or three perks they always use and swap around what goes in the other slot(s).

    It's unusual to have a whole bunch of different builds that you switch between, but it also sounds like a lot of fun, not to mention healthier for your gameplay and skill development, since it stops you from relying too heavily on any one build.