Gens get done quicker as match goes on?

how about making it that the first two gens take 3 minutes each. 

The next two gens take 2 minutes.

and the last gen is 1 minute?
Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Devil's advocate reporting for duty. That would cause a few things to happen:
    1. The first few generators would feel absolutely awful to do. An 80 second interaction is already pretty long, and making it longer would make it really boring. We're talking about over double the time per generator here. Two minutes is still 50% longer than what it currently is.
    2. The last generator would actually be shorter. This makes a section of the game where things are spiraling out of control for the killer. You'd go from, "Okay, I still have one generator left, I still have a shot." to "Okay, I still have one gene- and it's done." This serves to shorten the already short endgame.
    3. Ideally if anything, the curve should go the other way, where the first generators are faster and the last generators are slower. This would at the very least ensure that the survivor side makes progress early in the match, while the killer takes control and slows things down part way through.

    Although ultimately, I don't think it should be changed like that (going either way). Raising generator time isn't the right way to go about it, because staring at a three minute progress bar would be incredibly boring.

  • Peanits said:

    Devil's advocate reporting for duty. That would cause a few things to happen:
    1. The first few generators would feel absolutely awful to do. An 80 second interaction is already pretty long, and making it longer would make it really boring. We're talking about over double the time per generator here. Two minutes is still 50% longer than what it currently is.
    2. The last generator would actually be shorter. This makes a section of the game where things are spiraling out of control for the killer. You'd go from, "Okay, I still have one generator left, I still have a shot." to "Okay, I still have one gene- and it's done." This serves to shorten the already short endgame.
    3. Ideally if anything, the curve should go the other way, where the first generators are faster and the last generators are slower. This would at the very least ensure that the survivor side makes progress early in the match, while the killer takes control and slows things down part way through.

    Although ultimately, I don't think it should be changed like that (going either way). Raising generator time isn't the right way to go about it, because staring at a three minute progress bar would be incredibly boring.

    Yea gen time increasing as they pop would just screw the solo survivor who manage to stay alive longer than the others. Making them more dependant on the hatch. 
  • I get the logic behind this suggestion but there really needs to be more meaningful objective tasks to complete before being able to escape. Devs said in a stream they have ideas but won't share until after the next chapter release.