New survivor item ideas

I'd love some more survivor variety in terms of items. I'm not really a fan of bringing toolboxes and I haven't touched medkits since Inner Strength was a thing so I wanted to suggest some new ideas I had. I'd also love to hear from anyone else that has any other ideas.

Smokebombs: A rare item with three charges that releases a small cloud of white smoke that lasts for 5 seconds. Once the killer passes through it leaves the killer unable to detect scratch marks for 3 seconds. I don't feel like this would be too unbalanced as the use for it would be very situational (Mostly in "doorways") that would allow survivors to gain a bit of distance. The killer can, of course, choose to walk around it rather than through it.

Baseball Bat: An ultra rare item with one charge that, when swung, stuns the killer 3 seconds. So I'm on the fence with this one. The idea comes from when there's only two survivors left in the match and one is downed while the other has opened the exit gate. There's very little counterplay to help a fellow survivor get out as the killer will most likely face camp. The best you can do currently is a 1 for 1 and hope that the fellow survivor has BT and Decisive Strike. Being able to sneak up behind the killer and whack him with the baseball bat and allowing you to get your teammate off would be kinda nice.

The one thing I worry about is a group of SWF coming in with 4 baseball bats and the killer getting stun-locked in shack with Head Ons and baseball bats. So make it so that it can maybe only be found in matches and can't be found in the blood web or taken from the match. Maybe have one baseball bat laying around the map at random that survivors can find. This could be seen as another objective as there would be survivors that would seek out an item like this and would have them off of gens slowing the game down a bit.

Locker Trap: A one-time use uncommon item. The survivor uses the secondary action button to rig the locker they are standing in front of with a trap. When opened by the killer, the killer is temporarily blinded for 4 seconds and stunned for 2. This item is almost useless outside of specific builds, but I've always felt that survivors should have some ways to rig lockers. It would be really fun in basement scenarios where the killer is proxy camping and getting up the stairs is difficult. There's always two lockers at the bottom of the basement steps and being able to jump in one and rig the other would be fun. I know there's Decisive Strike, but I don't personally run it and I know killers don't like it either. While I don't think this would end DS usage it would at least provide variety for those of us that don't but would still like to get our asses out of the basement.


Feel free to rip these apart. Its just for fun anyway.

Comments

  • Ready for Trouble: For 60 seconds after being unhooked: you can channel the hook you escaped from while holding no item with the use item button. Channel is paused while the killer is further than 32m from you. After completing a 4 second channel you will obtain a Baseball Bat.

    Baseball Bat: Obtainable through perks. Cannot be used while Exhausted. Cannot be dropped except upon death. Has 60 charges. Press the use item button to swing the bat 3m in front of you. Each swing expends 30 charges. Passively loses 1 charge per second you work on a gen. If you hit the killer they are stunned until you are done swinging and then stunned for 3 more seconds and this item is depleted and its user is Exhausted for 20 seconds.

    Just an idea I found lying around.

  • Glowstick.

    Drops a glowstick just Infront of your current position.

    Any Survivors within a 8m radius of the glowstick is revealed to all other survivors.

    Duration 1min (effect lasts +15 seconds)

  • Maybe there could be a Cellphone item. It obviously won't get any service, but you could place it somewhere and the Entity will cause it to ring occasionally, creating a noise notification. The killer will hear it ringing if they're close enough to it, so it would work best when used from a distance. If the killer finds out it's a phone, they can crush it beneath their feet to stop the ringing.

    Add-ons could reduce the sound of the ringing (while still keeping the noise notification) and increase the range of the noise notification, among other things.