As far as bots in DBD, it really depends on the quality of the bots. A bad bot could waste pallets, sandbag you, or just generally be a detriment to the team (giving the killer more PGTW triggers, BBQ triggers, etc). In those cases, I'd rather just not have a 4th teammate. Good bots are hard to make, though, because you can learn how AIs play and abuse that. I've done it in many other games, so the "good" bots just become bad again.
I'll be interested to see how they turn out on mobile, and it seems perfect to test for that platform.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If you're interested in an official response, here's what Peanits had to say in a different thread on the same topic:
As far as bots in DBD, it really depends on the quality of the bots. A bad bot could waste pallets, sandbag you, or just generally be a detriment to the team (giving the killer more PGTW triggers, BBQ triggers, etc). In those cases, I'd rather just not have a 4th teammate. Good bots are hard to make, though, because you can learn how AIs play and abuse that. I've done it in many other games, so the "good" bots just become bad again.
I'll be interested to see how they turn out on mobile, and it seems perfect to test for that platform.