How should I help my friend learn survivor/ over come the learning curve?
I game shared dbd to my friend and I’m worried he might not like the game because of the learning curve. He’s been watching some popular streamers and youtubers but idk if that’s enough I just don’t want him to end up quitting.
Comments
Play some kill your friends with him. Even if it's just one on one, you can show him the basics of looping and he can practice skill checks on gens. Bring Ruin to regress it quicker so he can practice more, and play a standard 115% ms killer to make it a little easier to learn looping mechanics.
The only thing that'll come with time, is learning all the killers and perks. But you can tell him the basics of how to counter each one and what perks do as he encounters them.
Personally, I learned survivor by watching the survivors I play against as killer. But, that only really works thanks to facing red-rank swfs all the time.
theres not really a learning curve lol within the first week I was getting good at looping then I learned to 360 then it all started falling into place from there
Family share a steam account and play on a rank 20 account and just see what he does in a real game.
You'll be able to steer him in a clear direction pretty quickly if they learn by doing instead of only watching vods.
Why don't you tell us the characteristics of the most common killer? Or how to deal with it.
Just repeat the words "git gud" at them until they are gud.
How did you learn? Were you put off by the learning curve? I wasn't. Have some faith in your friend to be able to deal with some adversity.
Like someone said, do some kill your friend games. But play as someone that can do jump scares. Make it fun while letting him get the feel for the game.