Comparing DbD with DbD mobile

Some time ago, I made a discussion comparing DbD with Fortnite. As you blamed on me, they were different companies one with more money than the other one (even if my point wasn't on the own companies)

Today, I'll put in comparison the same company

Behaviour has registered a number of 500 employees in 2019 as their wikipedia page says, which 30 of them are inside dbd mobile, but these 30 are divided between various sections: devs, model artists, community managers, support,... But I don't want to assume the exact number of developers, I could just find that there are less than 30.

So here we go:

-DbD has been getting worse on optimization by the time graphic updates were launched. In PC you have to manually modify ini files to break the 60 fps cap, and on console, you just can't get to there unless you're in the tutorial or in a corner in the map with not much movement. There is no visual help for deaf people. The only bots in the game are in the tutorials. In a way to act versus DC, a punishment was added 2 months ago, but went on testing for two days only, and resulted in some bad bugs and hasn't been tested again since then. PC and PS4 (not counting Switch because it just can't make p2p hosting) are forced to play with dedicated servers since months ago even though there has been bad feedback about it and made impossible or difficult to play with certain perks or characters since then (stalker killers myers and ghostface, dead hard, some huntress hatchets,...). Dedicated servers have been enabled with the excuse of receiving more data, but it has been already 5 or 6 months and there haven't been any single improvement, or these were unnoticeable. There is no way to get auric cells for free. Matchmaking was suposed to be renewed since November of 2018 after a dev update announce, but since that moment, it has been worse than before. Queue times has been affected too, making them longer than what actually a match lasts at certain times of the day depending of the played role. You can't see people's items and perks in lobby.

-DbD mobile started with horrible performance, but after the first updates it has higly improved. You're allowed to change fps from 30 to 60. You can actually play at 60 fps, something that it has never happened to console DbD. You can enable, disable an assisted aim. There is help for deaf people. There has been developed in the last update bots that will play normal matches after a survivors DC to help the rest of the team instead of just punish the DC. Even thought this version is supported by dedicated servers too, there are less problems than the other platforms. You have daily rewards of bloodpoints, shards, and free auric cells. You can gain extra shards, bloodpoints and free auric cells by making daily and weekly missions that can be completed in normal gameplay. Matchmaking can't be commented because you can't see other people's rank but in my experience at high ranks they were at my skill level. You can see people's items and perks in lobby.

DbD mobile devs has been doing better work actualky, with less resources and people on it. The content is releaded way too longer than other platforms but they will come anyways with better performance and less bugs.

In my playtime since summer, I didn't find any single bug in DbD mobile except for a visual bug of the injured sound visual help, but happened just once.

I have been playing normal DbD since 2018, the encounters of bugs are uncountable and now I'm unavailable to play with two characters that I spent money on (ghostface and myers) because even with green ping I'm just unavailable to stalk 70% of the time I try to, but with ghostface I can even get exposed through walls.

I think it has been enough data colletion, behaviour, I want to play with these two characters and I just can't because you have to force me to play with servers that are not optimal yet but instead of disabling them just for a short time and make planned testing time I'm just opressed to play without two killers and a perk.

Comments