If ruin was reverted would you go back to using it ?

So let’s say a special scenario where ruin was reverted, for me probably not here’s why because of the ruin nerf I had to adapt and I really couldn’t until a started playing nurse... I got help from a fellow nurse main in the PS4 community about a month ago and I can say the fruits of my hard work are paying off. As much as I hate to say the ruin nerf has helped me become a better killer but I’m afraid about the ones can’t adapt. Would you go back to using ruin if it was reverted ?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Why is everyone saying it was nerfed. One, you don't have to kick gens no more all you have to do is play n run survivors off gens two, if you put one person on hook one slug (how most killers play now ) you have the pressure so they can't just sit on gens or the team is done for. So I'm not seeing the nerf plus there are many games where you waste time looking for ruin n most killers camp it anyway

  • No. Totem perks are bad.

  • Yes of course! It was the best killer perk in the game.

  • @JarMa13 said:

    actually the new ruin is awesome.

    the old ruin was awesome but it needed a time limit for the occasional match where it just couldn't be found...Solution?

    Reinstate the old hex ruin with a time limit. When the totem is cleansed, another totem is ignited and it changes to the new ruin.

    if the new totem is cleansed, it's over.

    if there is no extra totem when the 1st hex totem is cleansed, a new one is created... making a 6th totem.

    when EGC starts, this totem CAN BE COME NOED

    So your trying to get two completely different perks to work together or even combine? You've worded it really weirdly either way... Funny joke

  • Of course, just like everyone else

  • @killerpunch said:

    Why is everyone saying it was nerfed. One, you don't have to kick gens no more all you have to do is play n run survivors off gens two, if you put one person on hook one slug (how most killers play now ) you have the pressure so they can't just sit on gens or the team is done for. So I'm not seeing the nerf plus there are many games where you waste time looking for ruin n most killers camp it anyway

    I play killer very occasionally now (use to be a killer main) but I've been a survivor main for a good month now and I can confidently say the new ruin is much worse. Games are so much shorter nowdays, does that not mean anything to you?

  • No. I support Ruin nerf, but I expect killer buffs.

  • @DrunkenXSMonkey8456 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079309#Comment_1079309

    You'd go back to using it cause its meta? lmao. There are other killer perks that are just as good if not better than old ruin and work all game. Pgtw is amazing if survivors sit on a single gen and just commit suicide for you. And overall really good for destroying survivor momentum combined with overcharge and maybe lullaby just for extra skill check chaos (and the combined skill check fail penalty) making a survivor loss 12% of the gens progress just from failing a overcharge skill check. Combined with Pgtw that's 40% of the gen gone in a single go. Unless the survivor is so pro he never fails a skill check. But if that's the case you've lost anyway. Rui just put too many eggs in one basket. Very powerful but your 3 perking the rest of the match when it drops after like 30 seconds.

    As a survivor I actually find new ruin more annoying than old ruin as survivor as killers patrolling around can drive you off and force it to regress quite alot. Ad saves killers time since he doesn't need to bash the gen. Also, consider the synergy with surveillance? Since all gens that aren't worked on regress.

    Ruin was successful if you could get 2 hooks before it was cleansed. It kick started the snowball. My point about it being meta was that it was used in 80% of matches before it was nerfed to poop. If restored you could reasonably see it in 80% of matches again. I would run it for sure. It didn’t carry me, a garbage killer, who can’t win without it. It provided me any opportunity to get the snowball rolling. It was powerful and effective. It was not a point of shame for running it, as survivor mains like to claim.

  • Yes easily, gens pop way too fast now

  • Depends on whether they fixed the game by then.

1 2 ›