About the Pig

I love playing the Pig although she is kinda strange in some ways.

My Perks Are BBQ, Whispers, Monitor and Nurses calling.

For add ons i Like playing the two that make her dash charge faster or +1 Box( with increased timer) + 1 Trap for slowing the game down a little bit more.

How do You play her?

But even if shes fun to play she kinda needs some adjustments imo.

1 Why can she see The boxes? this encurages Tunneling of people who have to get of their traps.

2 The timer add on + 1 more box or searching takes longer is unfair, i think you cant even do it if you are unlucky with the key.

3 Why can people escape though hatch with an active helmet? thats not how a saw game would be played

4 Most add ons are about her traps wich are 1/3 of her powers. I think you should rework some of them to affect her dash with some specials.

5 The Pig is not limited to amanda, i would love Dr gordon or Jigsaw himself with a pig mask.

Comments

  • Pig Main here. Let me explain all of that (IMO anyway)

    1. Good, observant Pigs can predict how trapped survivors will approach boxes- you can't rely on RNG for trap kills, but you shouldn't tunnel either. The goal is to waste as much of the survivors' time as you can (not that you should be focusing on trap kills, but the longer they're trapped the less time they're doing something else).
    2. Again, RNG works both ways. Could be the survivor(s) get their traps off on the first box- those three addons (her best an most reliable) are to lessen the load you're facing that I described above.
    3. This... you're technically right, but whereas the Exit Gates have a small area between the rest of the map and the exit boundary, the Hatch is a way to instantly get out. It's weird (but Pig's power and addons arent the best compared to the rest of the Killers- mid-tier really).
    4. A LOT of her addons need to be looked at- the Iridescent addons should either be base (Rule Set No. 2) or reworked so its not extremely niche (Amanda's Letter), the trap status effect addons are really underwhelming (Rusty Blades, Slow Release Toxin, etc.), Amanda's Secret is a joke, and the addons that affect boxes and their skillchecks (Interlocking Razors, Razor Wires, etc.) aren't really good, since most people can hit skillchecks (unless you bring perks like Huntress' Lullaby or Unnerving Presence- but I don't think they work with Jigsaw boxes).
    5. The Entity chose Amanda for a reason- John did his games as a way to save people, give them redemption. Dr. Gordon was a true disciple of John as well, who carried out Jigsaw's wishes even beyond death. Amanda is different- she believes John wasn't strict enough, that no one is worthy of redemption. In her DBD bio, "The time for games was over. There was no chance of redemption for any of them. They were meat, and meat was destined to die." It's only because of the Entity holding her back that the Survivors can get away- otherwise all the boxes would be empty.
  • Her addons are just bad. I try to get Video Tape and Last Will, two yellow addons they are ok. Also heard that Face Mask, another yellow one could be good with Knock Out when slugging but I haven't tried it.

    I play a bit more dirty with Pig than with most other killers I mean what do you expect of a pig? Tunneling is ok because that is Pigs strength, just like basement camping is Bubbas thing. I use BBQ, Monitor, Whispers, Noed.

    Pig is a bit underrated and if you ignore survivors "rules" then dealing with Pig won't be very pleasant ๐Ÿ˜Ž

  • @DBD78 said:

    Her addons are just bad. I try to get Video Tape and Last Will, two yellow addons they are ok. Also heard that Face Mask, another yellow one could be good with Knock Out when slugging but I haven't tried it.

    I play a bit more dirty with Pig than with most other killers I mean what do you expect of a pig? Tunneling is ok because that is Pigs strength, just like basement camping is Bubbas thing. I use BBQ, Monitor, Whispers, Noed.

    Pig is a bit underrated and if you ignore survivors "rules" then dealing with Pig won't be very pleasant ๐Ÿ˜Ž

    #1 I hate when people use "survivors rules". Any decent human being can tell that being tunneled to death and never getting to participate in a match is absolutely miserable. People PLAY the GAME to have fun. That said, there is no rule against tunneling. It's just seen as cheap, and rightfully so, and I don't even play survivor that often.

    #2 Pig has a lot more strengths than tunneling. If you save your traps, and don't blow them all too early, you can really snowball things later. Just ran a match with Pig where I ran Ruin, Sloppy, Spies and Nurses with Video Tape and Razor Wires addons. I try to wound the first one early, and then hit a gen. I pushed two off the gen, downed one. The other two healed - big mistake with sloppy and nurses. I put a hat on the first, then saw the other 2 with nurses. Downed the wounded one and hooked her. Heard a gen nearby and let the 3rd survivor rescue the first. The gen finished as I got there, chased and downed the next one. I followed this routine, saving my remaining three traps until 2-3 gens were done. Then I snowballed it from there. No tunnel, no DS, yet all four ran DS.

    Could I have tunneled? Yeah, sure, but the remaining survivors would likely have popped gens, putting me in a tough spot.

    The point - Find something that works for you on Pig. Experiment and don't be afraid to lose matches and learn.

  • I refuse to even play against pig, she is not fun to play against. Most people that play her tunnel, and act toxic as hell, and then the boxes are RNG rubbish, and in general I never have any fun with her in the match. So I just skip those games.

    I hope she gets a rework some day, I know she is not the most effective killer, and I don't care if they buff her, but she is to tunneling what bubba is to face camping.