Interesting Mechanics
Hey, I'm just gonna list some cool things and see if you guy like the idea! I know some of these things may never happen since it wouldn't fit on the roadmap but I really think that this would be a great feature in DbD!
DEATH HOOK:
When your next hook is your sacrifice hook, you'll have a BT screen the moment you are unhooked.
This will let you know that your on your final life and you'll need to be extremely careful. Additionally it adds an even more intense feeling to being one hook away from being sacrificed. I know that this is unneeded and unnecessary but I think that this would be really cool IMO.
NO STRUGGLE BUTTON:
Instead of pressing "Space" on PC or "A" for console, you'll get a skill check every 5 seconds. These struggle skill checks are immune to all debuffs such as reduced success zones, Huntress Lullaby, madness, and etc. Great success zones will add an additional second to your second phase timer.
I really hate tapping the same button over and over again. Especially on console since it's really hard to look around you during the second phase. Skill checks allow an easier time looking around you and can potentially give you bonus time or sacrifice you instantly since you missed the skill check because you went for a great.
SEPARATE GOOD/GREAT ZONES:
The great success zone will no longer be connected to the good success zones.
This can allow skilled players to risk a great in a all or nothing style! Additionally new players won't be affected by this since they'll go for the good success zones to be safe and because it's easier.
Someone has mentioned this on a thread but I can't find the OT (Original Thread). If you see this, tell me that this was your idea and I'll put your name here as credit!
DYING STATE BLACK OUT:
Your screen will begin to get dark as your getting closer to bleeding out. First the corners, second sides, third center over the 4 minute bleed out timer.
Again, this will add a really tense feeling when in dying state.
DEATH HOOK:
When your next hook is your sacrifice hook, you'll have a BT screen the moment you are unhooked.
This will let you know that your on your final life and you'll need to be extremely careful. Additionally it adds an even more intense feeling to being one hook away from being sacrificed. I know that this is unneeded and unnecessary but I think that this would be really cool IMO.
NO STRUGGLE BUTTON:
Instead of pressing "Space" on PC or "A" for console, you'll get a skill check every 5 seconds. These struggle skill checks are immune to all debuffs such as reduced success zones, Huntress Lullaby, madness, and etc. Great success zones will add an additional second to your second phase timer.
I really hate tapping the same button over and over again. Especially on console since it's really hard to look around you during the second phase. Skill checks allow an easier time looking around you and can potentially give you bonus time or sacrifice you instantly since you missed the skill check because you went for a great.
SEPARATE GOOD/GREAT ZONES:
The great success zone will no longer be connected to the good success zones.
This can allow skilled players to risk a great in a all or nothing style! Additionally new players won't be affected by this since they'll go for the good success zones to be safe and because it's easier.
Someone has mentioned this on a thread but I can't find the OT (Original Thread). If you see this, tell me that this was your idea and I'll put your name here as credit!
DYING STATE BLACK OUT:
Your screen will begin to get dark as your getting closer to bleeding out. First the corners, second sides, third center over the 4 minute bleed out timer.
Again, this will add a really tense feeling when in dying state.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
I wouldn't want the full blown BT effect on screen the whole time. It would get pretty annoying very quickly. I would take a look at the way it was handled in Left 4 Dead. On your last down, the colour is drained. It'll gradually return over time, but it'll still look a little washed out.
The rest sound pretty neat.
The separate good/great zone idea seems really cool. What would you do with people that miss the struggle phase skillcheck?
Nice suggestions.
I don´t like the BT effect, but the rest sounds neat.
Yeah except for BT effect, these are really good suggestions.
I would like to see my surroundings and enjoy the game. BT effect kills the game's atmosphere.
I am not sure because we don't need BT effect for the last hook. I don't even remember when was the last time I forgot that I had been hooked twice. While BT effect for the last hook doesn't benefit me at all, it also kills the game's atmosphere even if it recovers.