Why do you make me play like this?

In the past week or 2 of getting back into DBD, I've had a mixed experience. I refuse to play survivor because the wait time is 3-5 minutes as opposed to killer's almost insta-join. I've become more numb to losing since usually there was little I could have done differently and still won. But also, I've been losing less. What's my new strategy? Slugging. I never do it from the get go, but when I'm down to 1 or 2 gens in less than 5 minutes, I decide to go ahead and do it. It's not fool proof, I'll tell you that. But it's saved me from suffering 3- or 4-man escapes, turning those matches into 2-4k's. I know what's going through the survivor's heads: "What a cheap strategy!" Yeah. I know it is. But here's my point: Why do I HAVE to do it in 80% of my matches just to win? I don't enjoy winning in that way. I also don't enjoy having to use meta perks like NOED, but I'm left no choice. It isn't simply a matter of me, the killer, not being good enough. There is something fundamentally wrong with the game that makes killers this desperate: Gen speed. We can fix it 2 ways: The devs can increase gen time OR the survivors can stop gen rushing so much. If I knew that a single mistake would not cost me the entire match, I would play fun builds and stuff as opposed to what's happening right now: me sweating my ass off, win or lose. But no, survivors have to SWF and push gens while injured, bring toolboxes and keys, etc. I'm gonna keep slugging if it stops me from getting 0-1k crushing defeats every other match, which is what made me quit the game before, which is caused almost entirely by gen rush. Nobody likes slugging, so give me a reason to stop doing it.

Comments