[Need Changes] About the Doctor
I do not want to be annoying, just say what I think about this killer and remember that his "rework" was incredible ... but ... is he really in a good situation? Do you feel good about the survivors? Can it be an antilooping like the witch or the clown?
Many questions, that only the mains killers can answer. I think he needs, like many of the killers, a little "love" to see him more in the games, without being an abuse. We know that many survivors hate him, but he really is not a good killer.
I want you to give your point of view about the killer and how to improve it!
Comments
I've seen some good doctors that are able to time the shocks to prevent vaults/pallets and get a hit pretty reliably. Is he top tier? No, not really.
The thing is, most of the suggestions I see attempt to make him more of a chasing killer. I don't really think this is the right way to go about it. Making him a chasing killer is making him something he's not (e.g. Hag is a defensive killer, not designed to be powerful in chases, but powerful in controlling a section of the map). The doctor's power is mostly to find/track survivors and slow down generator progress through madness.
The only thing I might want to see changed is madness itself. It's too easy to snap out of it, so applying madness to someone and breaking off to keep the pressure up and slow down progress isn't worth doing. It stops them from working on generators, but the second you aren't chasing them they can very easily just snap out of it and go back to working on generators. If the time to snap out of it was increased, or maybe a secondary objective was added to snap out of it, I feel like that would be better.
Basically, make him his own dude, not just another chase killer. I don't like seeing every killer shuffled towards being chase focused. If his gimmick is being able to control objectives better than other killers and slow them down, that's great, that's his own unique playstyle.
We had some pretty amazing ideas for the doctor on this thread:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/90114#Comment_90114
Maybe increase the shocks for vaults and pallets to 5 seconds thats would be nice
I'll take a look!
Thank you very much, peanits! He really needs changes: D
I'll take a look at the post
That is so overkill.
Struggling to stop vaults and pallets now? Its really not hard, its just about timing.
I prefer to not use nodes, simply because it takes longer to shock. Sure the range isn't super far, but its far enough, and most survivors never take into account the speed of it coming out.
Would be a good change if you want more survivors DCing though, if that is what you are aiming for.
As if they don't do it when they see a Doctor often enough.
Only problem I have with Doctor is actually on the survivor side. And its that I should always be able to complete my window vaults or pallet drops. Don't care if I am getting shocked, mid animation it shouldn't cancel period. If I get shocked before and can't make it, I end up taking a hit, I made the mistake and the Doctor capitalized. However, I should not get punished for succeeding, by still getting set back as if I had failed.
It is also annoying when you are in madness 3, and you character screams when you go to vault or pallet drop, that also interrupts it, I think I have gotten screwed over by that more than Doctor shocks, simply because of how random it is.
Not sure what buffs you could add to him to make him a fair and not overly strong killer, as is the case with many other killers. But I do think he needs a buff.