Allocation of Resources?
I'm getting a little tired of seeing the "Fix the skins" "You're telling the cosmetics team that" argument. I mean, yes, there are obviously different teams working on different projects, but if people really want to see the game fixed and brought back to a thriving state, why don't they consider slowing down on cosmetics and hiring a few more developers? I just wish that in the three years of playing this game I would have seen at least some of the major issues fixed, but here we are today.
Comments
Personally I don't think that's the issue. Designers and visuals team have always been amazing, and if they're not making cosmetics they're really not doing much for a good portion of the year. However, the teams in charge of balance and gameplay have absolutely no clue about how their own game works and how people play it.
In regards to bugs and the like it's more that the code is a big messy blob and it's just way too much for them to handle, but I think at least they're trying.
They have said on a number occasions they don't want to mass hire because they like their company culture.. bringing in too many people at once who don't understand their work/home life balance can be disruptive. They don't want to be just another developer that makes their employees work 18 hour days including weekends. I like the fact that they treat their employees like human beings and not slaves to this game. But I personally don't know how many people are working on bug fixes compared to the art team... and I wish they could find a way to pump out more important bug fixes just as fast as the art team can pump out cosmetics.