That matchmaking rework needs to get here like yesterday....
Just had a group, SWF of literally a team of people that had the most playtime and some of the highest scores on the leaderboard in the world, like 8000+ hours, all legacy, streaming too, so everyone could see my misery.
I was trying to learn a new killer for a change, I have like no perks for them yet really, and of course I struggled. I struggled all match SO hard; I finally got like one down, I wanted ONE hook at least I could live with that, and they all swarm and body block me from the hook and chain stunned me with flash lights and tea bag around me so I can't even get that and were trapping me in so I couldn't move even if I hit them. They saw a struggling killer and bullied the hell out of them.
Now, I could handle it right up until about that point, and I just DC'd. I normally don't, unless I am having an issue or something, but dear lord people see someone they can bully and they do not hesitate. I don't want to be one of those people who is like "Omg uninstalling, here is my life story why" because those are cringy and I get why- but at the same time I am really REALLY having a hard time convincing myself to keep playing.
The community is never supportive and I see so many people asking for help or for them to fix these critical issues, and all they get is people tearing them down and telling them their skill is what determines if they are allowed to have fun or not basically.
Then you have this matchmaker and ranking system, that does absolutely nothing right now; the fact that they said they want to implement something and people are going "It won't work" and it's like...we have to try SOMETHING, the game just cannot be left like this, it just can't.
That's my rant, I wouldn't read too much into it if you are, I am mostly just venting and then going to try a few more games and hopefully get over it.
I am just trying to stick it out waiting for their new matchmaker system, but I may take a break until that comes... because I do love the game a lot, there is nothing like it, but man......
Comments
Patience. Things like this are not simple to create.
I am not holding out high hopes for this matchmaking system. They are devising a hidden (not a fan) MMR system that runs on "winning" and "losing" games, along with performance. There has never been a clear statement of what a win condition is for either side. They are going to have to do some serious brainstorming to come up with this. Time will tell.
Take a break and breathe. You're gonna get run into the floor by good teams... it happens. If you are frustrated, do something else. I enjoy DBD, but I do so in serious moderation. Too much of it will eventually grind away at my nerves to where I will want to spit out vents like you just did.
It'll be okay.
Yeah I am really skeptical. Things like SWF, mori's, experience with different killers, having perks or not when you play, intentionally throwing matches are all still going to be huge problems, maybe more so with their proposed system.
However a lot of people have explained all these issues before, so many they are actually aware and working on them, I can at least hope.
When the game is challenging and hard, but possible, it's a phenomenal game one of my favorites ...but when it's not, which is far too often because of these unfair match ups, it's just a miserable experience, throw some toxicity into the mix and it's just enough to kill anyone's mood entirely.
Just quit killer in the games current state, wait for it to become more balanced