HSRS

At a high level, this is how I believe the hidden skill ranking system might work.

BHVR has analyzed game play to identify common actions for a survivor/killer. Based on what was observed, they have made a set of critetia for survivor/killer that will be used to determine the individiual's performance in the match and will adjust the player's hidden skill rating based on match performance.

Since this is a new rating system, I'm guessing players will start with the same skill rating. At first, matchmaking may feel like a dumpster fire since everyone is starting from the same point. As time goes by, players will start falling into where they fit in the new ranking system and hopefully this will lead to more consistent feeling matches.

Simple example, We start at level 1 with a level 10 max. After 6 months of playing, everyone has been distributed into different levels. My potato self never got past level 1 because ipotato. If i played with/against level 10(s), that match should feel horribly inconsistent. If I play with other level 1's, the match should feel more consistent as I'm playing with/against other potatoes...

Comments