How about instead of increasing gen time, We have a new objective?
I´m a competitive killer in Rank 1 with 3.7k Hours and I agree, Ruin should be gone. The perk did not affect good players, and it had a passive effect.
But Right now, in this conditions. It does not matter if you get down a survivor fast, a couple of gens will be completed by the time you hook that survivor. We are talking about a survivor being hooked 1/12(3 hooks each survivor up to 12 for killing all team). And 2/5 gens, even 3 sometimes. And Listen, I know that you can kill survivors with their first hook if he/she is the last one and so on but its still something ridicolous if we consider that the first survivor you encounter is a good one or just wastes the pallets, then the number can increase from 2/3 gens to 4, that is absolutely insane.
What about if we had a new objective which both survivors and killers could interact with? I think It would be great if survivors had something else to do instead of repairing or unhooking. It is a fact that totems are not cleansed, you would rather find NOED after all gens are done than cleansing one by one each totem. This new objective would slow down the game but that would not necessary be a nerf for survivors because it could affect positively or negatively to both parts.
Now, I have no idea what objective should It be, but devs would be able to create perks around that objective as they did with with totems back to the ¨Flesh and Mud¨ Chapter.
Comments
They don't want to increase gen times or add a second objective in the near future. McClean said so in the recent dev stream. It did catch a lot of people by surprise hearing that they don't want to do any gameplay balancing but instead give some attention to less useful survivor perks and a few killer ones too.
Why not require something (idk, fetching item, going to a different intractable object, etc) to be done after 3 gens. So that with 2 left, someone has to do something to allow the last 2 to be worked on.
Something like retrieving a 3 Fuses or a Gas Tank before you get to actually repair the gens would be kind of fun.
Honestly, it baffles me why the Devs are point blank ignoring the pleas of both sides. We're literally begging them for a new objective to keep the game fresh, but they still deny us of it. It's like they really just want the game to die off. Yes, we can do Totems, but that's not really a objective in my eyes. I just wish I could see into the Devs minds where they think after 4 years, holding a button on a Generator is still amazing fun.
One killer perk. Cruel Limits the Demogorgon window perk.
Weird that they chose that over mind breaker if they were looking at Demogorgon perks.
It was a message sent for both players and devs. I know they did say they would not, but as an experienced player, I honestly think that would be perfect for the game
I'd love an objective like gas cans or fuses but McLean did say it's highly unlikely on the dev stream Q&A.
Gen speeds are fine. Survivors don’t need an extra objective. They have totems anyway.