A Bubba main's thoughts on the state of DBD...

Hey all, Bubba main here. Felt the need to make an account and voice my opinion in light of the recent destruction of Hex Ruin. I've got 2k hours playing Killer, with about 1.5 of those being exclusively Bubba, and 300 hours survivor, so I feel what I have to say has some merit to it. Before the nerf I was able to consistently hold low red rank with Bubba's Basement strategy. I'd run Thanantophobia, Hex Ruin, Iron Grasp, and either agitation or BBQ depending on my mood. Chases had a sense of weight and stakes to them, as the survivor knew if they downed they were getting thrown in the basement, and I was pressured to secure the hook before his teammates unhooked anyone currently in the basement. It was satisfying seeing 4 people all hooked together, and it was humbling when I was truly outplayed and every survivor escaped. BHVR has decided to cave to entitled survivors and annihilate the last lifeline killer mains had at red ranks, Hex Ruin. Now every single game is a sweat fest where you have to try like your life depends on it just to safety pip, and SWF games are an absolute joke. To counter this and to protest BHVR's clear survivor oriented agenda, I've adjusted my load out to now include insidious in place of Hex Ruin and NOED as my 4th. When someone gets hooked in basement (or anywhere tbh) I'll hide behind a wall with insidious until they get unhooked, down them, and use my mori. Rinse and repeat. Call me toxic, but enough is enough. So much feedback from killer mains, and they just don't care. This game will die if they don't reverse course.

Comments

  • You can't maintain bp that way though...

  • You shouldn't be getting 4ks as a camping killer. That why ruin was kinda broken you could literally get 3ks by camping alone. I still don't agree with the ruin changes until maps designs were changed or at least better toten spawns.

  • The change of ruin was very debatable, it was good in certain aspects but bad for other aspects. It goes the same for Bubba He was one of the negatively affected killers, unlike one of the killers who the change didn’t affect.

  • Bubba went from very difficult but doable in Red Ranks to literally impossible. BHVR either doesn't know or doesn't care that many killers depended on Ruin to be competitive in any way, and without it the best you can maintain is Purple Ranks. Destroying variety and funneling everyone into the Spirit, Billy, Nurse meta yet again BHVR, bravo.