Ruin and surveillance, do you use it?

Probably the best combo tbh. Do you use it? Let me know below.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034713#Comment_1034713

    Where and when did I insult you? Lmao this dude is hilarious, first he comes all aggressive saying that I'm either a killer main or a survivor main in which case I should shut up and then gets offended for literally no reason, so offended he typed a Bible in 5 minutes🤣and even called me an idiot, I'm glad my comment slapped you so hard buddy. I play both sides too and it's not a good combo period, when I go up against that combo as a survivor I just laugh because of how hilariously pathetic it is and how pathetic it is that survivor mains actually say it's one of the best combos in the game now, and if I were to run a combo I'd rather run barbecue and pop as I said.

    And so you think that if 3 or 4 people are on that gen they're all going to run away to the other side of the map as soon as they see you? No my son, red ranks will just hide and then get back to work as soon as you're gone, and it doesn't matter if you keep going back to patrol the gen thanks to surveillance because you can't chase 4 people at the same time. As soon as you chase one person off the gen the others will go back to it and you won't be able to down the survivor before the gen's popped. So basically what the devs didn't mention is that this combo is meant to be useful against new survivors, experienced survivors won't be affected by this combo in the slightest.

    Even if I was one of both I wouldn't have to sit down and stay silent you dumb troglodyte, I'm giving my thoughts and that's what forums are for, people give their opinions and all you can do is either agree or disagree period you don't come here and basically say who can give their opinion and who can't based on your stupid ideas because it is disrespectful (and then cry when someone replies to you with a pinch of toxicity🤣). Like I said, you're the kind of person that thinks they're smart just because they assume stuff, like every other internet troll. I'm glad you're salty though🧂😢

    Again, YOU believe it's not a good combo because YOU haven't seen it put to decent use. The combo you're working with is predicated on allowing survivors to even begin work on gens. It's exactly BECAUSE red ranks will scatter and double back that it works. Especially with Killers that use projectiles or area skills. If a bunch of red ranks want to think it's intelligent to buzz around the same gen over and over getting slugged, then so be it. Besides, pop requires hooking first, which, if the team is made of even semi-decent Loopers, can become an issue, because it requires you to down and hook first. Neither Ruin or Surveillance requires any such set up and actually let's you know when they've doubled back, which is why it's effective in the right hands.

    Whether its your play style or just preference, it's a useful to those that can utilize it. But if you're just going to be a jerk, them you should be prepared for people to call you out.

  • I've been trying it, but I think I'd rather just use Pop Goes The Weasel instead of Ruin.

  • no and i never will

    it's incredibly ironic that the devs deleted good ruin because "80%" used it, but then they run around telling everyone to use it with Surveillance now because of how amazing it is

    no thanks

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034779#Comment_1034779

    Again, YOU believe it's not a good combo because YOU haven't seen it put to decent use. The combo you're working with is predicated on allowing survivors to even begin work on gens. It's exactly BECAUSE red ranks will scatter and double back that it works. Especially with Killers that use projectiles or area skills. If a bunch of red ranks want to think it's intelligent to buzz around the same gen over and over getting slugged, then so be it. Besides, pop requires hooking first, which, if the team is made of even semi-decent Loopers, can become an issue, because it requires you to down and hook first. Neither Ruin or Surveillance requires any such set up and actually let's you know when they've doubled back, which is why it's effective in the right hands.

    Whether its your play style or just preference, it's a useful to those that can utilize it. But if you're just going to be a jerk, them you should be prepared for people to call you out.

    I'm a rank 2 survivor and I haven't faced one killer that's been able to use those two perks in a successful way, it's a trash combo to me period🤣and before you start with "ugh you're a survivor main shut up nananana" I also play killer, rank 3, Doc and Freddy main and I've already tried out that combo and it is completely useless especially because ruin keeps getting destroyed in the first 30 seconds of the match which I forgot to mention when I gave you the reasons why this combo is garbage.

    You can't really slug good survivors, slugging never works on good survivors buddy have you ever been in the red ranks? I'm just curious

    I'm fine with people calling me out, I'm not fine with people that call me out and then cry when I call them out lol

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1036724#Comment_1036724

    I'm a rank 2 survivor and I haven't faced one killer that's been able to use those two perks in a successful way, it's a trash combo to me period🤣and before you start with "ugh you're a survivor main shut up nananana" I also play killer, rank 3, Doc and Freddy main and I've already tried out that combo and it is completely useless especially because ruin keeps getting destroyed in the first 30 seconds of the match which I forgot to mention when I gave you the reasons why this combo is garbage.

    You can't really slug good survivors, slugging never works on good survivors buddy have you ever been in the red ranks? I'm just curious

    I'm fine with people calling me out, I'm not fine with people that call me out and then cry when I call them out lol

    I'm generally a rank 4 Killer, Wraith/ Clown. Rank 5 Survivor, Claudette/Feng. I routinely use spotting perks like Surveillance, but I don't rely on ruin. It's a nice extra, but Surveillance is a good way to help build a patrol efficiently, and punish Survivors that aren't smart enough to run. Together, they supply me enough early game data(especially with Wraith's iridescent aura add-on) to find Survivors before they pop more than one gen.

    Red ranks, particularly swf teams, are found of starting a gen together, one running PT, then splitting into groups and worm two gens on opposite sides of the map, with 1-2 Loopers, one of which is the PT carrier, allowing them to affect both positions as often as possible. Movement perks from Nea, Feng, and Meg's trees are extremely common, along with at least one BT two or more DS, and a mix of SC, adrenaline, DH, and now, with the new Doc, CS. I'm usually my teams spotter, so I run Claudette with Empathy, UE, DS, & SC, equipping toolboxes or maps. I work gens and feed data on our looper back to my team and act as the secondary looper.

    Feng is my main looper, so I run DS, Lithe, SB, and UB with a stockpile of flashlights and fireworks. I'm not the best looper, so Claudette is my main.

    And there's a difference between calling someone out and calling someone names and making false assertions because you think your cool. The reality is that you come across as cocky and childish.

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1036824#Comment_1036824

    I'm generally a rank 4 Killer, Wraith/ Clown. Rank 5 Survivor, Claudette/Feng. I routinely use spotting perks like Surveillance, but I don't rely on ruin. It's a nice extra, but Surveillance is a good way to help build a patrol efficiently, and punish Survivors that aren't smart enough to run. Together, they supply me enough early game data(especially with Wraith's iridescent aura add-on) to find Survivors before they pop more than one gen.

    Red ranks, particularly swf teams, are found of starting a gen together, one running PT, then splitting into groups and worm two gens on opposite sides of the map, with 1-2 Loopers, one of which is the PT carrier, allowing them to affect both positions as often as possible. Movement perks from Nea, Feng, and Meg's trees are extremely common, along with at least one BT two or more DS, and a mix of SC, adrenaline, DH, and now, with the new Doc, CS. I'm usually my teams spotter, so I run Claudette with Empathy, UE, DS, & SC, equipping toolboxes or maps. I work gens and feed data on our looper back to my team and act as the secondary looper.

    Feng is my main looper, so I run DS, Lithe, SB, and UB with a stockpile of flashlights and fireworks. I'm not the best looper, so Claudette is my main.

    And there's a difference between calling someone out and calling someone names and making false assertions because you think your cool. The reality is that you come across as cocky and childish.

    I don't really care about your skills or the perks you use I never asked you about that, all I said is to me that combo is useless and I'd rather run pop period

    When did I call you any names? You called me an idiot first for no reason so I called you a troglodyte. I didn't make any false assertions you did🤣you said I was either a survivor main or a killer main just because I gave my opinion ######### dude you're so deluded lmao it's hilarious. Hold on, so you called me an idiot just because I replied to you in the same way you replied to me first and I'm cocky and childish? Just shut up son, you keep embarrassing yourself more and more with every comment HAHAHAHAHAHA

  • Nope, not sacrificing 2 perk slots to make one perk viable

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033937#Comment_1033937

    Lol I play both killer and survivor buddy. You're probably the kind of person that thinks they're smart because they assume stuff instead of actually asking right?

    Also, I don't know if you realized this but you just agreed with some of the stuff that I said based on the fact that as you said you need to waste two perk slots and use a killer that can move fast (in which case I'd rather just run barbecue and pop) in order to get value out of it. Surveillance and ruin is definitely not a good combo for most killers, thereby it is not a good combo overall. Hello? Anybody home? Think McFly, think lol

    Ps. You sound like someone that literally just joined the forums yesterday and started playing the game two months ago, that's why you didn't realize that some people actually like to play both roles, genius🤣.

    Sooo, is it that you can't read, don't have basic comprehension skills, or are so socially stunted that you can't understand that insulting my intelligence in a barely veiled manner, calling me 'Mcfly' and 'Genius' in a deriding fashion, and conceitedly speaking as though your opinion is the only one, true opinion, is somehow anything other than insulting, arrogant, and acting like a highschool big shot?

    My exact words were, "I assume." That means I was unsure as to wether or not you were an angry killer main (to which I can most definitely relate) or a trolling Survivor main, due to the obvious sarcasm and vitriol of your original comment. And I'm not sure how it is you think I should be embarrassed, but lording your ranks and then condescendingly asking if I'd ever even been in the red ranks shows just how embarrassingly you feel the need to sneer at and mock others to keep up that false sense of superiority and oh so high-and-mighty attitude.

    Go back to the sandbox now, sweetie. The adults would like to get back to their conversation.

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1037120#Comment_1037120

    I don't really care about your skills or the perks you use I never asked you about that, all I said is to me that combo is useless and I'd rather run pop period

    When did I call you any names? You called me an idiot first for no reason so I called you a troglodyte. I didn't make any false assertions you did🤣you said I was either a survivor main or a killer main just because I gave my opinion ######### dude you're so deluded lmao it's hilarious. Hold on, so you called me an idiot just because I replied to you in the same way you replied to me first and I'm cocky and childish? Just shut up son, you keep embarrassing yourself more and more with every comment HAHAHAHAHAHA

    And an FYI, saying anything that begins with a," you must be," is an assertion of whom you believe them to be, real or not. I'm neither new to the game or here. So false there. I'm not 'trying to sound smart'. I thoughtfully construct, test, and tweak builds for the sheer fun of the experimentation. Another false assertion. And I mapped out my skills and roles because you seem to be deluded into thinking your way of building is the only correct one, when you likely only build off the current meta, rather than take the time to actually test things for yourself. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But as arrogantly as you speak, I seriously doubt you got to red ranks by any real skill. And that's IF your telling the truth.

    Suffice it to say, even a lvl 15 clown used properly with basic BBQ, Nurses, Bamboozle, and New Ruin is enough to stand up to a team of rank 4s. Do your homework, cuz your play style isn't the only one out there or that works well. You don't have to like it, but you don't need to be nasty on a public forum about it, either.

  • It's actually awesome on Doctor on Legion 🥰🥰🥰

  • It's like the much better discordance, but with a risk 🙄

  • Yes it's pretty sweet. And if Ruin goes Surveillance is not a bad perk to have to track survivors.

  • No wasted perk slots. Haven't seen a single killer achieve anything with it and it will stay this way.

  • No, it's not a good combo. You only get maybe 2 gens till the totem is broken.

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034678#Comment_1034678

    Sooo, is it that you can't read, don't have basic comprehension skills, or are so socially stunted that you can't understand that insulting my intelligence in a barely veiled manner, calling me 'Mcfly' and 'Genius' in a deriding fashion, and conceitedly speaking as though your opinion is the only one, true opinion, is somehow anything other than insulting, arrogant, and acting like a highschool big shot?

    My exact words were, "I assume." That means I was unsure as to wether or not you were an angry killer main (to which I can most definitely relate) or a trolling Survivor main, due to the obvious sarcasm and vitriol of your original comment. And I'm not sure how it is you think I should be embarrassed, but lording your ranks and then condescendingly asking if I'd ever even been in the red ranks shows just how embarrassingly you feel the need to sneer at and mock others to keep up that false sense of superiority and oh so high-and-mighty attitude.

    Go back to the sandbox now, sweetie. The adults would like to get back to their conversation.

    I'm insulting your intelligence by having you over here typing Bibles and making fun of you🤣

    Lol you haven't seen Back To The Future? Unbelievable, he's salty because I quoted a phrase from a movie what a clown

    I never said my opinion is the only one. Did I ever say that? I literally just gave my opinion and you were mad that I didn't agree with yours.

    High school big shot? What the hell are you talking about dude🤣omg you're so deluded son

    I'm not embarrassed, I got an "old man" salty just by calling him McFly lol and the funny thing is you think I'm trying to feel superior and that's not it chief. You started this whole argument and now you tell me to shut up.

    Go keep eating your mashed potatoes and playing your Atari, this game's not for 70 year old troglodytes👋

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1037285#Comment_1037285

    And an FYI, saying anything that begins with a," you must be," is an assertion of whom you believe them to be, real or not. I'm neither new to the game or here. So false there. I'm not 'trying to sound smart'. I thoughtfully construct, test, and tweak builds for the sheer fun of the experimentation. Another false assertion. And I mapped out my skills and roles because you seem to be deluded into thinking your way of building is the only correct one, when you likely only build off the current meta, rather than take the time to actually test things for yourself. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But as arrogantly as you speak, I seriously doubt you got to red ranks by any real skill. And that's IF your telling the truth.

    Suffice it to say, even a lvl 15 clown used properly with basic BBQ, Nurses, Bamboozle, and New Ruin is enough to stand up to a team of rank 4s. Do your homework, cuz your play style isn't the only one out there or that works well. You don't have to like it, but you don't need to be nasty on a public forum about it, either.

    Two Bibles? You're so mad HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Are you really that stupid? I NEVER SAID MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY, but my opinion is my opinion and either you respect it or gtfo simple as that jeez🤦‍♂️like how stupid do you have to be to go back and forth with the same arguments

    Lol I can upload a couple of clips so you can see my skill as both killer and survivor and then of course screenshots of my ranks so you can shut up once and for all.

    Well that's your opinion, in my opinion you can't beat a team of rank 4s with new ruin because to me it's a garbage perk. Can you respect that? Probably not.

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1037459#Comment_1037459

    Two Bibles? You're so mad HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Are you really that stupid? I NEVER SAID MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY, but my opinion is my opinion and either you respect it or gtfo simple as that jeez🤦‍♂️like how stupid do you have to be to go back and forth with the same arguments

    Lol I can upload a couple of clips so you can see my skill as both killer and survivor and then of course screenshots of my ranks so you can shut up once and for all.

    Well that's your opinion, in my opinion you can't beat a team of rank 4s with new ruin because to me it's a garbage perk. Can you respect that? Probably not.

    What can I say to such broad stupidity? You are literally so dense you don't even understand your own tone and speech patterns. I'm not interested in how you play. You're clearly an idiot. And as for your assessment of ruin, since I've beat several red rank teams using it, and had it last to the end on several trials, I know it works just fine. Simple. As to your inability to understand simple social queues, I do hope you figure it out someday. It's rather painful reading your responses, since it's pretty obvious you think your somehow insulting me. That's what your doing, right? Thinking? Does it hurt? It seems too. Poor thing.

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1037622#Comment_1037622

    What can I say to such broad stupidity? You are literally so dense you don't even understand your own tone and speech patterns. I'm not interested in how you play. You're clearly an idiot. And as for your assessment of ruin, since I've beat several red rank teams using it, and had it last to the end on several trials, I know it works just fine. Simple. As to your inability to understand simple social queues, I do hope you figure it out someday. It's rather painful reading your responses, since it's pretty obvious you think your somehow insulting me. That's what your doing, right? Thinking? Does it hurt? It seems too. Poor thing.

    Lol just as predicted, you still can't respect my opinion and now you're trying to talk like a diplomat to try to look smart in the forums🤣you're hilarious dude I had a blast making fun of you so thanks.

    Actually I wasn't insulting you when we started the whole argument, you got offended because I called you McFly lmfao you must've had a rough childhood and a tough time in high school if you get offended by stuff like that, you know the whole world isn't against you right buddy? You know that me calling you McFly doesn't necessarily mean I'm insulting you right? You have a terrible sense of humor as well don't you? You're also unable to differentiate an insult from a joke right?

    I don't really need to think in order to insult troglodytes like you I mean just think about it, all I had to say to you was: Hello? Anybody home? Think McFly, think🤣and that was enough to get you mad, salty and turn you into a keyboard warrior lol now piss off I'm getting tired and bored of your comments (which aren't insulting or funny at all by the way).

  • Nope too risky to bring in a perk that can be deny within 30 seconds

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035579#Comment_1035579

    Did I ever mention you in the comment? Lol this troglodyte forgot that forums are for people that actually want to discuss things regardless of the "100 word comments" if you don't like it you can always leave the forums genius

    No this forum is to say their opinion. You guys just insult each other. As the writer, stop

  • @Cable2486 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035579#Comment_1035579

    Given that I was supporting your viewpoint while admonishing this troll, maybe you should be a bit more respectful yourself, rather than do the exact thing I was. It's a PUBLIC forum.

    Its a public forum but I don't accept you two insulting each other. I appreciate what you did,but this is the wrong place. Keep the conversation civil.

1 2 ›