Ruin change has made slugging increase drastically

As a survivor main I didn't make any comments about the Ruin nerf because I don't have enough experience as a killer to have an objective opinion. However, I do have an opinion about it since it has come out because it has changed the game for the worse.

The change to ruin was because playing against ruin wasn't fun for survivors.

You know what isn't fun for survivors? Spending half of a match on your stomach unable to do anything.

Understand that I am not telling killers they shouldn't slug. I'm not saying bad things about killers that are utilizing slugging as a strategy. Everyone playing does what they need to do to win.

As a survivor main I didn't like ruin, but I wasn't saying it needed a nerf. I am saying something needs to be done now though. I won't propose a solution as I can only give one from a survivor perspective. At the same time I can tell you from a survivor perspective it's quickly becoming pointless to play a game where over 50% of the matches I play I spend half my time doing nothing because I have been slugged.

Comments

  • @Zeke089 said:

    Don't get slugged then

    Gee. Thanks. That's helpful. If only it was that easy

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Gonna have to adapt to killers adapting.

    It's less fun, but try bringing Tenacity with Unbreakable. Maybe botany as well to pick up slugs faster. Or hell, maybe even No Mither is a potential perk, with how many Billy's I've been seeing lately.

    With anti slugging perks, killers won't slug anymore since it won't be efficient. And then the strategy evolves yet again to something else.

    Or what will likely happen -- BHVR will just nerf slugging because apparently that's what they do when they do something deemed "unfun" before Survivors learn to play around it.

    I suppose I am going to have to do some of that if I decide to keep playing DBD.

  • @Zeke089 said:

    Anytime

    The original advice may not have been helpful, but I like the dry sense of humor.

  • @Zeke089 said:

    Sorry lol there's just so many posts like this. Was just being a sarcy sausage ๐Ÿ˜‚

    No problem. I wasn't upset about your initial response. I was attempting a little good natured sarcasm, which is a bit hard to pull off with words on a screen. I agree there are lots of posts like this. It's just getting really annoying playing matches where gameplay consists of crawling on your stomach unable to do anything.