Why they ruined Hex: Ruin?!

Most hexes become stronger/active when the killer is more active, or towards the end with NOED that punishes survivors for neglecting the dull totems via gen rushing. Ruin? You penalize ALL survivors off the bat by forcing them to do great checks that are now normal checks. Normal checks REDUCE progression. The amount of toxicity I’ve seen from this astounded me. There’s is no work involved with Ruin’s effects. Thus this Hex would literally carry most killers, and was nerfed.

Good killers don’t need Ruin. I usually see Corrupt Intervention and Thrilling Tremors. Here’s two ways I feel they could’ve fixed Ruin.

1.) Hex Ruin grows stronger after the killer actually does something like how Devour Hope, The Third Seal, and Huntress Lullaby does.

2.) Whenever a survivor is not on the hook a random dull totem on the map becomes Ruin. When you hook the survivor Ruin becomes dull again, and can potentially light up somewhere else if able whenever the survivors are unhooked.

But Ruin is not even the biggest gripe of the game which is what I can now see, and will make another post about that later.

Comments