How do you score a protection hit?

I have been trying to get the challenge, but nothing seems to count as a protection hit. I even took mettle of man just so I could accurate track if it counted or not- nothing does.

I've literally human shielded myself to death and not had one of them count, I don't know what to do.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Okay, I guess I figured it out. You have to take a hit when they are carrying a survivor....that seems like a really bad time to do it, but apparently I have to just give out free hits to complete this challenge instead of trying to help my team mates.

    Nvm, guess I got this one answered myself.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Okay, I guess I figured it out. You have to take a hit when they are carrying a survivor....that seems like a really bad time to do it, but apparently I have to just give out free hits to complete this challenge instead of trying to help my team mates.

    Nvm, guess I got this one answered myself.

    Either while they're carrying a survivor, or while "in range" (within 10 metres) of an injured survivor.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1023677#Comment_1023677

    Either while they're carrying a survivor, or while "in range" (within 10 metres) of an injured survivor.

    Yeah I was doing that, albeit I didn't know about the injured part but I tanked hits for injured people too and it didn't count. I was physically bumping into them so I couldn't be any closer than that.

    Thank you though, the game does not provide a lot of information, I keep having to google what each emblem is for too.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1023688#Comment_1023688

    Yeah I was doing that, albeit I didn't know about the injured part but I tanked hits for injured people too and it didn't count. I was physically bumping into them so I couldn't be any closer than that.

    Thank you though, the game does not provide a lot of information, I keep having to google what each emblem is for too.

    Most of the information you need has to be found yourself, or you can ask on this sub-forum for said information.

    Usually if you go to the DBD Wiki it also has most of the answers you're looking for, but some of the obscure ones need a 2nd guess of course.