Things to look forward
So now that the ruin has been reworked to the point where it has no severe impact to the game, i feel like these next things should be the priority of the developers:
- addressing generator time, that can be done through either: map sizes, toolboxes reworks, no toolbox speed, diminishing-returns when more than 1 survivor is repairing, maybe different repairing mechanics
- maybe a second objective, like having to collect parts to repair the generator at the normal otherwise it would be slower this way you are solving the issue which was the old ruin an answer: the early game snowball
- hit registration
- balancing killers that underperform
- reworking/buffing weak survivor/killer perks
- matchmaking
- rank system
These are the perspectives of a player that understands how game development works and the difficulties that can occur. I do wish that in this year there will be more focus on the game itself, of the things that we have in the game. I know that the devs are passionate about their game, one of the reasons why I love this game so much, and i feel like the focus of the management team should be more on the fixing/balancing stuff rather than releasing new chapters and cosmetics. No, I am not throwing eggs, I am saying that since this game is at a point where is quite big there should more important things to be addressed. Yes, this will have a financial impact on the short run, but I am confident that even with 2 chapters, a summer and a winter one, the game will be able to be sustained through the good updates.
I am not here to manage how the things work in the company, but from my experience and a long term thinking I am saying the above things.
Yes, I am still salty about the ruin changes, but i hope that some lessons were learned from here. I hope that the chaos created by the mentioned reasoning of why ruin changes will be avoided in the future. After giving us the reason that ruin needed to be nerfed in order to see how the gen times go without it and that it will help addres them in the future, I don't feel like the change is a bad one. Short term, yes, it is for us that play mostly killer, but in the long run, if it helps the game evolve it will be good. We have to be mature about this and understand these reasons. The frustrating factor in my opinion is not a good reason for any change unless it is a bug fix. Lets keep a mature and civilized discussion here as I feel like we can prove that we ain't that toxic of a community. I am hoping that this thread will reach the developers and that it will be taken in consideration.
Again, no ######### thrown at the developers and I hope for more engage with the community as well.
Kind regards.
TL:DR: more updates on things that matter with less content but fixing the old stuff.
Comments