Doc Changes
I give BHVR a lot of flack for their short-sited changes in this game. Especially for what I see as a total lack of quality control on their changes (looking ahead to see how changes impact or are impacted by other perks/abilities).
That said, I have to tip my hat to the Doc changes. I tried it on PTB, but was not overly confident due to the inconsistency of PTB players. Have been playing him a lot today and I have to say that I'm having a blast. The Spark ability adds a bit of strategy in as opposed to relying on a static field. I can time when and where to use it and try to take advantage of the addons/perks I have equipped. I have ruined a lot of 4th survivor's hopes of a hatch tonight thanks to that thing.
So, here's to hoping you have a great string of these types of changes going forward. You know....like giving Trapper the ability to carry a second trap from the start so I don't have to waste a bag every time I use a good addon....please?!
Comments
Oh, sorry, I've also faced him at least 7 times tonight and had a good time. Most docs seem to be moving away from the 3-gen strategy and I have seen a wide variety of perk usage. Some, not so good, like Franklins vs a group of survivors with no items. Kind of funny. Either way, 7 docs and 5 deaths, but it was fun.
I use to main doc awhile back but dropped him so i am already good at the timing and distance. Even tho i have only played about 7 games with him so far I have to say i think he is a solid A tier killer. His power helps easily find survivors and thanks to the increase to the shock range and removal of his stances he can reliably stop survivors from vaulting and throwing down pallets, making him pretty good in a chase. His addons are still good and in fact got buffed in some ways and while it is harder to play him without addons he can still do good in chases without them.
Devs did a pretty good so far
The madness changes wreck it, he's overall weaker now