Devs, please read
Hello @Peanits or @Almo or whoever it may concern. I'm writing today to express my concern in the current direction the game is going in at the moment. Its about the current changes that have been made lately.
But just so its clear, you may get some hate or outrageous messages about the recent changes, but you won't find that here. I'm a big supporter of the game and I want you to see me as a helpful friend rather than a angry player, so I'm writing this is the calmest mood I can and I hope no one takes offence to the thinks I feel I should say :)
Anyway, I’ve noticed a lot of changes to the game, mostly involving killer nerfs or changes to said killers. I’ve also noticed that the survivor are more or less untouched by nerfs or such things. I know, you nerfed Balanced Landing and D-strike and I thank you for that, but I feel killers are having the biggest blows right now. I’ve seen changes to the Spirit and the Legion, not complaining about the Nurse because I find her changes make her a bit easier than she used to be, I’m also not complaining about the Doctor changes because I haven’t played him with changes yet. But now I see Ruin is nerfed, which to me is the biggest blow of all.
I just feel you’ve been giving a bit too much to survivors and taking a too much from killers. I understand why you made these killer changes, but what we need to understand is playing killer is very pressuring, it feels like you can’t have a second to waste otherwise survivors win. Ruin used to be a breath of fresh-air for killers, something that gave killers a short while to get things going. For example, killers such as the Trapper, Hag and Demogorgon need that short while to set traps and stuff, otherwise the first gen gets done while your wasting thing setting these things up. But now Ruin is more or less gone and that short while is gone with it. I should know, because since I found out about the changes, I’ve had to change my regular killer perk build, it’s not as easy as it used to be now.
I’m just wondering why you’ve given more to survivors than killers lately. I mean, killers are the face of the game, the main attraction. You’re trailer for each chapter focuses on the killers, there is only a killer on the cover of a physical copy of the game. People don’t by the game just to play as a normal person running around fixing gens, they want to be the killer and have a good time going it, but its hard for them to do that if survivors have the upper hand. You say you make killers to try and scare the survivor players, given then something new to be scared of, but again that’s impossible if survivors know they have the upper hand and escape easily. I myself have found playing survivor way too easy now and not so scary, and the changes to Ruin and stuff haven’t even come in yet.
Survivors feels too easy and killers feel too hard and abandoned. All I’m suggesting is lets turn our attention to killers for a bit. Maybe give some killers a buff or finally change the game objective for survivors to make the game longer, I know many people have suggested this already. I have a idea on what you can do about the gens, something no-one else has suggested at least to my knowledge. If you want to know, let me know in the comments.
Also, as said before, I will now ask a few questions to try and clear my concerns.
1: People say you’re survivor bias, that you favour them to killers and that’s why they haven’t been given anything but nerfs lately. How do you respond to this?
2: Since it came out, Demogorgon has been able to place his portals but has never been able to recycle ones that are in no use anymore and haven’t been destroyed, similar to how the Hag can recycle traps, are there plans to change this?
3: Have you found, or looking for, a way to change the length of matches, such as changing gen speed or giving survivors different objectives?
4: I haven’t heard any news about the Sanctum of Wrath map’s darkness issue being fixed. I know you said you knew about it, but you haven’t said if its being fixed. Are you planning to?
5: Next to the Nurse, the Legion is maybe the weakest killer in the game. It feels like he (they) have had everything taken away except his (their) Frenzy. Are there rework or buff plans?
Ok, I think that’s everything I wanted to say, thanks for your time and I hope to see a reply. To everyone else, good luck in the fog.
Comments