failure / frustration

You know those matches where no gens get done but you escape through a hatch? Does that feel like a deserved escape? What about if you opened that hatch with a key. What about if it spawned right in front of you while chasing?

Alright, how about a killer getting a 4k purely because of noed, does that feel like an undeserved loss?


Both of these carry their frustrations and good moments for each side respectively. It's apart of the game, and how anyoing each aspect is depends on which role you play and the frequency of how often it happens.


But what matters for balance is how much counterplay these aspects have, or if their even should be counterplay.


Take for example three gening, while on the one hand it makes a 2 man escape impossible it turns into a game of hide and seek. The survivors kinda deserve to get punished for not properly position gens.... But on the other side of the coin it's good to reward killers who manage to make this set up occur in the first place while managing to kill off 2 others. But what's the counterplay to this situation itself? Sandbagging. If you rat out your other survivor your chances of escaping my increase if its done properly.


But what about when a killer hasn't even got any hooks and there's 1 gen left? Like with the 3 gening situation for survivors the killer deserves to lose... In theory. But the counterplay to this is slugging. Which in itself is a easy strategy to counter.


But then.... What about noed?

It's rather simple actually. Just do totems, having 1/4 of the killers toolkit inactive for the whole match potentially is a huge advantage for survivors. Such a big pay off for a simple task


What about adrenaline?

This is.... Not as counterable as the killer has no way of knowing a survivor has the perk until it activates which at that point its already too late to counter but ONE tech exists.

Dropping a survivor if your predicting an adrenaline and then whacking them once it activates, somewhat tricky and highly situational but not impossible


Hatch? There's either the gambling method and praying you go to the right door... And that they don't have a key... And that you find it first ... Which is a weaker tech, or you can camp the hatch like the days of old and wait until you see movement, then your chances of getting that 4k skyrocket.


But what if the hatch spawns in front of them while running? What if they have a key and use it in your face? There's absolutely nothing that can be done about that. Keys aren't that viable in the lobby screen and just brining Franklin's every match won't solve the problem, furthermore the survivor can just pick it up again, 10 times.

Likewise with playing on a large map and trying to get to the further away generators before they pop. You could run corrupt intervention, but then after 2 minutes your playing with 3 perks, compared to the survivors potential 16. Some of which give one survivor the ability to 1v1 a killer in an asymmetrical game.



And just as a last point. What positive changes did doctor actually get to decrease the frustration of playing him at higher ranks?

Comments

  • Q: You know those matches where no gens get done but you escape through a hatch? Does that feel like a deserved escape? What about if you opened that hatch with a key. What about if it spawned right in front of you while chasing?

    A: Yes, because I found it and "escaped", which is the final survivor objective. In that scenario the killer got a 3k, so yeah, nothing wrong with that and I don't bring keys because imo that's for wussies.

    -------------

    Q: Alright, how about a killer getting a 4k purely because of noed, does that feel like an undeserved loss?

    A: Yes, because for the same reason I don't bring keys, I also don't use NOED if i play killer, and as a survivor, I will NEVER give myself up to altruism and give the sweaty noed'er a 4k. and I also hit up every totem that I see, not only because its ez 1k points, but because I hate noed that much.

    --------------

    Adrenaline.. yeah, its a huge "eff you" to the killer and I feel like its a huge must to survive , i've seen streamers countering it by dropping and whacking, I mean, seems valid and its a very nice counterplay.

    As someone who plays survivors mostly, because of friends, I do feel like adrenaline is too strong, but do I want it out of the game? idk dude, it is funny to watch and it saves my azz.

    I wouldn't mind if they removed it, but I can't say I don't love it.

    Today I was playing a match which we were absolutely stomping a bubba, and all 4 were injured.

    He was chasing 2 peoples (one was torturing him and the other straight up fleeing)

    I finished the gen, both of them bolted to victory (because obviously 3 of us had adrenawin) and it was just really funny, I had fun, but I know that the bubba got really mad, because he was underperforming agaisn't monster survivors on a 7 minutes match, maybe 10.

    Hatch, noed, keys? easily counterable or i could careless.

    Adrenawin? i agree, its strong my dude.