I've talked a lot about this recently..but I want to say why I feel it's the only real solution

When I come up with an idea it's always with an attempt to help as many issues as possible..you may have seen my comments or posts recently covering my biggest contention point right now..killer limitations..

Everyone is all about map reworks and gen times, but I say map reworks will not have the desired effect..the new maps held by their new map design standard have literally changed nothing..slightly more mind games but the results vary little from the worse maps..increasing gen times just makes survivor more tedious and seems like the lazy solution...then it hit me..last years obj can be extremely fast too..but it usually doesnt end quickly..why? Because the killer has a small arsenal of tools to make strategic moves.


I've noticed a lot lately that the success of each lower tier killer has been on their build over the killer itself..then it hit me..what do all the highest power level killers have in common..? Freddy, previously nurse, spirit, billy...they are the best because they dont care what oerks they use..perks are BONUSES..not patch fixes..and I realized..I'm tired of that...tired of saying "well ######### he had no perks no wonder he lost"


This issue has created a vicious cycle..killers are balanced around perks so they're meh most of the time..then perks are balanced around killers so they end up trash (see demogorgan for reference) thats why most killers and killer perks are so mediocre..the lower end killers arnt your opposition..its the perks they use..but for higher tier killers it doednt matter..they make anything work..which is why you see more build variety on stronger killers..I feel like the only way to fix variety, killer struggles against gens, and all around game excitement..just expand the capabilities of the killers THEMSELVES..and I'm hoping the devs see as I do..they have the perfect chance to do just that with doc and oni..they may have already succeeded with oni..and doc just needs some small tweaks to pressure his kit and BOOM..two more killers set to make things more interesting on higher ranks ..so many issues could be fixed just by doing this and one by one..each killer becomes more stylish , unique, games become more tense and mysterious, wondering what the killer will do next...it all starts to fall into place...I hope you all see it too..because that's the future I want to see

Comments