Can we talk about perks
TOTALLY IGNORE THIS - IF A MOD SEES THIS FEEL FREE TO DELETE OR LOCK IT.
This has been fixed and I was being stupid and looking at my video from two different killer that were running the perks in different loadout order.
I am basically stupid. I was looking at my video, but stupidly didn't freaking realize that I switched from demodoggy to piggy, which use the same build but in a different order... I really wish I could delete a post to hide how stupid I am... Its late and I am going to bed.
Like if I have the following perks picked out, for example: Borrowed Time, Kindred, Spine Chill and Iron Will... In that order on the load out screen, why can't that correlate to a position in game.
Borrowed Time always at the top, Kindred to the right, Spine Chill at the bottom and Iron Will to the left. Why is it just randomly always thrown somewhere in the four slots?
EDIT: I am just saying, for perks like Spine Chill or Whispers, it would be nice to know they are always going to be in the same spot in game.*
Comments
I'll be honest. I've never spent any time thinking about which perk slot corresponds to which location in the UI. I guess that I just assumed that there was some method to the madness. Perhaps there is. Maybe it is alphabetical or something. My preference would be for perk slot 1 to be on the left, perk 2 to be on the top, perk 3 to be on the right and perk 4 to be on the bottom. That seems the most logical. Though obviously it isn't a huge issue if I've never even noticed considering how long I've played.
They are just randomly placed, they wont be in the same spot from one match to the next, however this wasn't always the case, they changed something late 2018 or early 2019 that caused this to start happening. I would be fine if slot 1 was the left one. I just went with the clockwise method with the top one being slot 1.
And honestly, its not a bug, or something that needs to be address. It's literally a quality of life fix. Because to be fair, in all the hours I have played since this was introduced, it doesn't really bother me other than, it feels like its gotta be more code to randomize the position each time you load into a game, than to connect a loadout slot to a perk slot in game.
Have you done tests to confirm it is in fact random? If you play with the exact same 4 perks in the exact same order do they appear in different places from game to game?
Thank you, I was being stupid, I was looking at my video, but stupidly didn't freaking realize that I switched from demodoggy to piggy, which use the same build but in a different order... I really wish I could delete a post to hide how stupid I am... Its late and I am going to bed.