I've asked this to the devs already...but I wanna see if it's what people other than me see
So this has been on my mind a lot..after my initial "What are they doing ??" Reaction to the new patch i got to really thinking as to what could be done..find some way to make the game better out of this..my last idea was for the egc..but never got to hear what the devs thought on it. Anyway so the problem is yes tool boxes could get nerfed..heck even removed and it would change nothing..changing maps can only go so far and balancing them perfectly I feel is almost impossible..plus maps should be less of a factor in the equation.
Then it hit me..while playing survivor yes gens are boring because if I had a nickle for every time I thought " Yep I'm just doing gens because the killer cant stop me" I'd be sipping iced tea with Bill Gates. but last year has come back with far better balances and its caught a lot of attention...I remember monto saying he loved it because "Theres a constant tug of war going on" And hes right..both sides push tooth and nail against each other when good players collide, but in dbd games like those only existed due to ruin..example, I've been playing a lot of Myers and pig because since the last blood hunt I've been farming to get all the perks..aside from bubba whom I dont play on all the killers, all except Myers and pig are pretty much completed. I've found that in testing for the new patch pig as always is pretty average..a few good games..most games are close..and a few miss piggy just cant keep up due to maps or her lack luster kit.
Myers..hes the most polarizing killer I've played..without anti gen perks either I slug fest them all within a couple minutes..or I have to decimate them right at the end if I win at all..hes the prime example of this games issues..slow starting, severely limited in capability , very much perk reliant..no pressure tools.. This brings me to how this all ties together.
In order to create the atmosphere people want, and to avoid gens becoming a pain via just making them longer..toolboxes could definitely be looked at though..I think it's time to up the standards of a killers power level..all the best killers have more than 2 options for how to interact in the game..lower tier killers are more predictable, more limited , have no pressure..since we need it more than ever I feel simply adding more to killer abilities based off successful killers results is the best way to do it..last year has that down pat..now I'm not saying give all the killers a hunter mode like that, what I'm saying is find the holes in each killers abilities..and fill them with a new tool or boost in standard capability..this is the only solution that offers so many advantages and to be honest..help the game formula grow and evolve rather than try to squeeze new ideas and features into a box..we need a bigger box..
Sorry this got dragged out but for an issue this big..it deserves a proper take and analysis
Comments
@Almo @Peanits @not_Queen
I'm passionate..not just some hater...hope this helps explain that